This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Research on Effect of Wastegate Diameter on Turbocharged Gasoline Engine Perfor mance
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Boosting and downsizing is the trend of future gasoline engine technology. For the turbocharged engines, the actuation of intake boosting pressure is very important to the performance output. In this paper, a GT-Power simulation model is built based on a 1.5 L turbocharged gasoline engine as the research object. The accuracy of model has been verified through the bench test data. Then it is conducted with numerical simulation to analyze the effect of wastegate diameter on the engine performance, including power output and fuel economy. Mainly the wastegate diameter is optimized under full engine operating conditions. Finally an optimal MAP of wastegate diameter is drawn out through interpolation method. By the transmission relationship between wastegate and actuator, a wastegate control MAP for electric actuated wastegate can be obtained.
|Technical Paper||Modeling the Effects of Transmission Gear Count, Ratio Progression, and Final Drive Ratio on Fuel Economy and Performance Using ALPHA|
|Technical Paper||Research on Dynamic 3 - Parameter Shift Schedule of Automatic Transmission|
CitationChen, Q., Ni, J., Shi, X., Wang, Q. et al., "Research on Effect of Wastegate Diameter on Turbocharged Gasoline Engine Perfor mance," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1028, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1028.
- Zhaokun Xu Automotive Engine Principle 978-7-302-21240-9
- Yuguo Chen , Zhiliang Wang , Yuanfei He et al. Electric Actuator for Turbocharger Wastegate CN Patent 104595019 A May 6 2015
- Yongxian Pu , Nick Jepson , Wei MA et al. Modeling And Analysis For Wastegate Actuator of Turbocharged Engine Proceedings of the IDAJ-China User 2014
- Qinzhong Liu The Control Principle and Maintenance of the Chevrolet Cruz Turbocharger Auto repair and maintenance 2012 4 78 80 2012 10.13825/j.cnki.motorchina.2012.04.022
- Xuezhong Song , Xuejie Fu , Jucheng Gao Analysis on the Control Mode of the Engine Exhaust Gas Turbocharger Internal Combustion Engine & Parts 2014 2 27 32 2014
- Toussaint L , Marques M , Morand N et al. Improvement of a Turbocharger By-Pass Valve and Impact on Performance, Controllability, Noise and Durability 11th International Conference on Turbochargers and Turbocharging 2014 137 146 978-0-081-00033-5
- Tiedong Li , Tao Chen , Dongsheng Li Research on Boost Pressure Control of Turbocharged Gasoline Engine APC Paper 2013 259 263
- Deming Jiang Principle of Internal Combustion Engine (Revised Edition) 978-7-80032-021-9
- Daxin Zhu Turbocharging and Turbocharger (First Edition) 978-7-111-03133-4
- Payri F , Serrano J R , Fajardo P et al. A Physically Based Methodology to Extrapolate Performance Maps of Radial Turbines Energy Conversion and Management 55 149 163 2012 10.1016/j.enconman.2011.11.003
- Ehrlich , D. , Lawless , P. , and Fleeter , S. On-Engine Turbocharger Turbine Inlet Flow Characterization SAE Technical Paper 971565 1997 10.4271/971565
- Vávra , J. , Macek , J. , Vítek , O. , and Takáts , M. Investigation of Radial Turbocharger Turbine Characteristics under Real Conditions SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0311 2009 10.4271/2009-01-0311