This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Research of Vehicle Dynamics Modeling Method Based on the Characteristics of Suspension and Steering Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents the relationship between suspension and steering systems and wheels, and proposes the vehicle dynamics modeling method. A vehicle dynamics model combined with the suspension K&C test data of a concrete vehicle was built based on the method. The simulation results show that the method is correct and feasible, and the dynamics model performed characteristics of the suspension and steering systems with high precision can be used for the followup simulation and optimization.
CitationChen, W., Sun, Z., Zheng, J., Pan, L. et al., "The Research of Vehicle Dynamics Modeling Method Based on the Characteristics of Suspension and Steering Systems," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0470, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-0470.
- Cao , D. , Song , X. , and Kahjepour , A. 2011 Road Vehicle Suspension Design, Dynamics, and Control Vehicle System Dynamics 49 1-2 2011 3 28
- Michael , B. and Damian , H. 2004 The Multibody Systems Approach to Vehicle Dynamics Elsevier Ltd New York, USA
- Akhgari , A. , Sangtarash , F. , Esfahanian , M. , and Amiri , M. Modeling and Optimizing Handling Parameters of a Series Hybrid Electric City Bus Using Adams/Car SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-1560 2008 10.4271/2008-01-1560
- Anderson , D. , Schade , G. , Hamill , S. , and O'Heron , P. Development of a Multi-Body Dynamic Model of a Tractor-Semitrailer for Ride Quality Prediction SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-2764 2001 10.4271/2001-01-2764
- Guo , K.H. , Zhang , X.J. et al 2010 Modeling and Simulation of Mini-car based on Idea of Conceptual Suspension Journal of Jilin University 40 602 606
- Dihua , G. , Weidong , W. , and Aiqian , Z. Tire Modeling for Vertical Properties by Using Experimental Modal Parameters SAE Technical Paper 980252 1998 10.4271/980252
- Zhao , J.S. , Li , L.Y. , Chen , L.P. and Zhang , Y.Q. The Concept design and dynamics analysis of a Novel Vehicle Suspension Mechanism with Invariable Orientation Operation Parameters Vehicle System Dynamics 2010 1495 1510
- Tajima , J. , Yuhara , N. , Sano , S. , and Takimoto , S. Effects of Steering System Characteristics on Control Performance from the Viewpoint of Steer-by-Wire System Design SAE Technical Paper 1999-01-0821 1999 10.4271/1999-01-0821
- Park , J. , Guenther , D. , and Heydinger , G. Kinematic Suspension Model Applicable to Dynamic Full Vehicle Simulation SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-0859 2003 10.4271/2003-01-0859
- Cao , D. , Rakheja , S. , and Su , C. Comparison of Roll Properties of Hydraulically and Pneumatically Interconnected Suspensions for Heavy Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-3593 2005 10.4271/2005-01-3593
- Mitschke , M. and Wallentowitz , H. 2009 Vehicle Dynamics Chen Yinsan , Yu Qiang Qinghua University Press Beijing, China
- Pacejka H. 2006 Tire and Vehicle Dynamics Elsevier Ltd UK
- Gillespie , T. Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics Warrendale Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. 1992 10.4271/R-114