This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Neural Network Transmission Control
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This Application is using Multilayer Perceptron Algorithm to predict the shifting gear timing based on throttle percentage, vehicle velocity, time history and engine speed, in order to enhance the fuel efficiency, shifting time, power loss and driver’s comfort during shifting. The model makes no assumptions about how transmission performance aspects like gears slipping time or the existence of distinct environments like high temperature affects the power train system performance. Instead, the model can learn to model any type of distortion or additive noise in the sensor data; induced in the CAN protocol, through sufficient training data characterization. The network will be implemented on an AMESim model to characterize the operating temperatures and optimize the gearbox design to work with an optimal temperature and advance to this temperature during operation. Multilayer Perceptron Algorithm possesses important properties such as many degrees of freedom, non-linearity, and dissipations. The identification of stability attractors of the lyapunov function with associative memories and input - output mappers is one of the foundations of neural network paradigms through controlling the locations of the attractors in the state space of the system. The Algorithm role to take the form of the nonlinear dynamic equation that manipulates the locations of the attractors for the purpose of encoding information in a desired form. In this way, it is possible to establish an intimate relationship between the physics of the transmission and the algorithms computations.
CitationBarakat, M. and Abdelaziz, M., "Neural Network Transmission Control," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0089, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-0089.
- Haykin Simon Neural Networks and Learning Machines Pearson, Inc. 2009
- Power Loss Predictions in Geared Transmissions Using Thermal Networks-Applications to a Six-Speed Manual Gearbox Changenet C. , Oviedo-Marlot X. , Velex P. Journal of Mechanical Design 128 618 625 May 2005
- McCulloch , W. and Pitts , W. A logical calculus of the ideas immanent in nervous activity Bulletin of Mathematical Biophysics 5 115 133
- Müller , R. and Hemberger , H. Neural Adaptive Ignition Control SAE Technical Paper 981057 1998 10.4271/981057
- Stone , M. Embedded Neural Networks in Real Time Controls SAE Technical Paper 941067 1994 10.4271/941067
- Li Yao Yu Fan Yu Fan Wu Chen Wu Chen Application of neural network to downhill shift strategy for automatic transmission Journal of Shanghai Jiaotong University (Science) 08 2010 15 4 498 503 10.1007/s12204-010-1039-6
- Wu Shijing , Lu Hongshan Fuzzy Neural Network Control in Automatic Transmission of Construction Vehicle IEEE Intelligent Control and Automation 10.1109/WCICA.2006
- Kondoa Kaoru , Gokab Hitoshi Adaptive shift scheduling strategy introducing neural network in automatic transmission Elsevier B.V.
- Tan , J. , Yin , X. , Lei , Y. , and Ge , A. Research on a Neural Network Model Based Automatic Shift Schedule with Dynamic 3-Parameters SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-1597 2005 10.4271/2005-01-1597