This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Interior Plastic Surface Development from Design Concept up to Global Vehicle Launch
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 22, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Costumers today are discerning, savvy, style conscious and extremely well aware of latest design trends and quite naturally, are lot more demanding than any generation before then.
The growth in the application of plastic replacing natural leather, fabrics, metallic and ceramic materials, in order to increase productivity and decrease production costs, has been demanding process development to improve quality and not only mirror the appearance of the original materials, with their texture and colors but also presenting new opportunities and alternatives.
The Challenge in automotive interior Design for emerging markets are the choice of materials finish, execution and harmony to guarantee customer satisfaction considering that costumers are spending more time on interior vehicles than ever.
CitationLóss, M. and Jansen, L., "Interior Plastic Surface Development from Design Concept up to Global Vehicle Launch," SAE Technical Paper 2015-36-0316, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-36-0316.
- Texturing Molds for Thermoplastics: Considerations for Success Article From: MoldMaking Technology, Pete Kambouris, Mike Miller, Posted on: 12/22/2010 http://www.moldmakingtechnology.com/
- Phil Maniscalchi, Mold Tech, ON IN DEPTH STUDY OF TEXTURE CHARACTERISTICS AND THEIR AFFECTS ON TEXTURE PERFORMANCE, Automotive Division of the Society of Plastics Engineers International (SPE) 2008.
- Texturing in Depth: Everything You need to Know About Texturing in your Mold - Standex / Mold Tech http://www.mold-tech.com/downloads/
- Basics of Injection Molding Design - http://www.3dsystems.com/quickparts/learning-center/injection-molding-basics
- Aesthetics and Functionality of Textured surfaces - TEXTURES GUIDE - GET IN TOUCH - Eschmann Textures - http://www.eschmanntextures.de/topmenu/downloads/
- IMPROVE FUNCTIONAL, ENHANCE LOOK OF PLASTIC PRODUCTS WITH SURFACE TEXTURING, Pallante Martin D. - SME - Society of Manufacturing Engineers, 1979 Dearborn, Michigan.
- Laser Texturing Proves Automotive Potential Article From: MoldMaking Technology, Matthew Danford, Posted on: 3/1/2015 http://www.moldmakingtechnology.com/
- A Texturização de Produtos Poliméricos e sua Dependência com a Seleção de Materiais e os Processos de Fabricação Fábio Pinto da Silva; Pedro Barrionuevo Roeseb; Wilson Kindlein Júnior 1161-4364-1
- CERIGATTO, Almir, “INFLUÊNCIA DO INTEMPERISMO AO RISCO EM PEÇAS PLÁSTICAS COM COMPOSTO DE PP+EPDM COM 20% DE CARGA MINERAL PARA ACABAMENTO INTERNO DE AUTOMÓVEL” Faculdades Oswaldo Cruz.
- Glossmeters - (2006) Gloss Introduction. Retrieved May 12 2015, from http://www.gloss-meters.com/GlossIntro.html#1
- FORD LABORATORY TEST METHOD FLTM BI 109-01 VISUAL APPEARANCE EVALUATION
- FORD LABORATORY TEST METHOD FLTM BI 110-01 MEASUREMENT OF THE GLOSS OF PAINT PANELS
- FORD LABORATORY TEST METHOD BI 109-02 Color Measurement
- ASTM D4449 Test Method for Visual Evaluation of Gloss Differences Between Surfaces of Different Appearances