This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of a Fuel Economy and CO 2 Simulation Platform for Hybrid Electric Vehicles - Application to Renault EOLAB Prototype
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 06, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The worldwide trends for future CO2 regulation standards will push car manufacturers for more and more development of Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles. Many different configurations of Hybrid Electric Vehicles exist, including parallel hybrid, series hybrid, plug-in hybrids, Battery Electric Vehicles with Range Extender, etc. The choice of the optimal architecture depends on many different parameters, and is a key issue to be solved at the beginning of vehicle development.
In order to help decision making in the early phase of projects, simulation tools are essential. A specific simulation platform for simulation of fuel economy and CO2 emissions for hybrid electric vehicles has been developed by Renault. This platform called GREEN is dedicated to the selection of vehicle and powertrain architecture, to the pre-design of powertrain components, and to the determination of Fuel Economy and CO2 targets in the early phase of projects, and to monitoring of Fuel Economy and CO2 during vehicle development.
CitationMaroteaux, D., Le Guen, D., and Chauvelier, E., "Development of a Fuel Economy and CO2 Simulation Platform for Hybrid Electric Vehicles - Application to Renault EOLAB Prototype," SAE Technical Paper 2015-24-2543, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-24-2543.
- Syed F.U. , Kuang M.L , Czubay J Derivation and Experimental Validation of a Power-Split Hybrid Electric Vehicle Model IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON VEHICULAR TECHNOLOGY 55 6 NOVEMBER 2006
- Andrès E. , Mazet V. , Bruck S. Assessment of the benefits from an electric coolant pump by means of dual numerical simulations, comprising a model of the thermal system coupled with the model of a plug-in hybrid concept VEHICLE THERMAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS CONFERENCE AND EXHIBITION - VTMS 12 2015
- André M European Development of Hybrid Vehicle Technology approaching efficient Zero Emission Mobility INRETS report 1997
- Debert , M. , Colin , G. , Chamaillard , Y. , Mensler , M. et al. Energy Management of a High Efficiency Hybrid Electric Automatic Transmission SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-1311 2010 10.4271/2010-01-1311
- V. Gopal , R. and Rousseau , A. System Analysis Using Multiple Expert Tools SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0754 2011 10.4271/2011-01-0754
- Zeman , J. , Papadimitriou , I. , Watanabe , K. , Kubo , M. et al. Modeling and Optimization of Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle Fuel Economy SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-1018 2012 10.4271/2012-01-1018
- Srinivasan , P. and M , K. Performance Fuel Economy and CO 2 Prediction of a Vehicle using AVL Cruise Simulation Techniques SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-1862 2009 10.4271/2009-01-1862
- Maroteaux F. , Emery P. , Sorine M. , Abida J. Reduction of 3D models for fast and reliable simulations of combustion in GDI engines Combustion Science and Technology 2005 177 1997 2019
- Emery P. , Maroteaux F. , Sorine M. Modeling of combustion in GDI engines for the optimization of engine management system through reduction of 3D models to (nx1D) models Journal of Fluids Engineering 2003 125 3 520 532
- THOMAS , V. , Talon , V. , and SAUSSOL , L. Implementing System Simulation to Drive a more Efficient Controls Development Process SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-0420 2013 10.4271/2013-01-0420