This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Study of Creep Groan Simulation by Implicit Dynamic Analysis Method of FEA (Part 3)
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 27, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Brake groan analysis and improvement is progressing based on experimental measurements.
An advanced brake assembly FEA model was built which considers torsional stiffness of suspension for analyzing creep groan.
Creep groan is a representative groan noise of brake system from stick-slip phenomenon standpoint.
This year we will present our study for advantageous direction for reduction of creep groan which will focus on friction material µ vs. Velocity (µ-V) property, friction material physical properties and relative velocity between brake pads and rotor by advanced brake assembly FEA model.
|Technical Paper||Analysis of Disc Brake Squeal, 1992|
|Technical Paper||Predicting Drum Brake Noise Using Finite Element Methods|
|Technical Paper||A Dynamometer for Automobile Brake Squeal Study|
CitationUchiyama, K. and Shishido, Y., "Study of Creep Groan Simulation by Implicit Dynamic Analysis Method of FEA (Part 3)," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2689, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-2689.
- Xu John J., “Disc Brake Low Frequency Creep Groan Simulation Using ADAMS” Abstract for the 2000 ADAMS International User Conference
- DIETERICH I JAMES H. and KILGORE BRIAN D. “Direct Observation of Frictional Contacts: New Insights for State-dependent Properties”
- Nakatani, M. (2001), Conceptual and physical clarification of rate and state friction: Frictional sliding as a thermally activated rheology, J. Geophys. Res, 106(B7), 13,34713,380.
- MAEGAWA S., Nakano K., “Design Criteria of Sliding Systems for preventing Friction-Induced Vibration”
- Nakano K., “Two dimensionless parameters controlling the occurrence of stick-slip motion in a 1-DOF system with Coulomb friction, Tribology Letters, Vol.24, No.2 (2006) pp.91-98.
- Maegawa S., Iida M. & Nakano K., “Occurrence limit of stick-slip motion with the effect of relative velocity on kinetic friction coefficient”
- Otsuki M. & Matsukawa H., “Systematic Breakdown of Amontons' Law of Friction for an Elastic Object Locally Obeying Amontons' Law”, Scientific Reports 3 1586, 2013.
- Uchiyama, K. and Shishido, Y., “Study of Creep Groan Simulation by Implicit Dynamic Analysis Method of FEA (Part2),” SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2516, 2014, doi:10.4271/2014-01-2516.