This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Coupling HIL Simulations Over Long Distance - A Way Forward
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 15, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing is indispensable in the software development process for control units and has been an integral part of the software development process for years. Large HIL systems for integration tests are used to test the correct behavior of distributed functions and the communication between the control units. The vast development programs that are involved require building duplicates of such test systems or parts of them, due to the fact that the tasks are distributed between different companies or different departments within a company. However, there is an alternative to duplicating a test system. Instead of using a cloned system, coupling HIL systems over large distances is an alternate approach. This paper presents what requirements this coupling must fulfill and and describes a path-breaking method to fulfill them. In addition, results of an implementation are shown.
CitationHimmler, A., "Coupling HIL Simulations Over Long Distance - A Way Forward," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2548, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-2548.
- Scania AB A Moving Variety dSPACE Magazine 1 2015 12 19
- dSPACE GmbH dSPACE Simulator Full-Size https://www.dspace.com/en/inc/home/products/hw/simulator_hardware/dspace_simulator_full_size.cfm April 2015
- dSPACE GmbH SCALEXIO® https://www.dspace.com/en/inc/home/products/hw/simulator_hardware/scalexio.cfm April 2015
- Himmler , A. Modular, Scalable Hardware-in-the-loop Systems ATZelektronik worldwide 2 2009 36 39
- Himmler , A. Hardware-in-the-Loop Technology Enabling Flexible Testing Processes 51st AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition 978-1-62410-181-6 Texas 2013 10.2514/6.2013-816
- Himmler , A. , Allen , J. , and Moudgal , V. Flexible Avionics Testing - From Virtual ECU Testing to HIL Testing SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-2242 2013 10.4271/2013-01-2242
- Himmler , A. Openness Requirements for Next Generation Hardware-in-the-Loop Testing Systems AIAA Modeling and Simulation Technologies Conference National Harbor Maryland 2014 10.2514/6.2014-0636
- Honda Aircraft Company First Flight in Real-Time dSPACE Magazine 2 2015 20 15 June 2015
- Spectracom PCI Express Slot Cards http://www.spectracomcorp.com/ProductsServices/TimingSynchronization/Bus-levelTiming/PCIexpressslotcards/tabid/1296/Default.aspx April 2015