This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Dynamic Decoupling of Driveline Dynamics from NVH Driveline Dynamometer: an Industry Sponsored Senior Design Project
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 15, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The American Axle & Manufacturing Inc. driveline dynamometer provides immense value for experimental validation of product NVH performances. It has been intensively used to evaluate product design robustness in terms of build variations, mileage accumulation, and temperature sensitivity. The current driveline dynamometer input motor system has multiple torsional modes which create strong coupling with test part gear mesh dynamics. Mechanical Engineering seniors at Lawrence Technological University designed, fabricated, and validated a mechanism to decouple the driveline dynamics from the driveline dynamometer dynamics. The student-designed decoupler mechanism is presented with experimental validation of effectiveness in decoupling driveline dynamometer dynamics from the driveline under test.
|Technical Paper||Active Vibration Control of Driveline Systems|
|Technical Paper||Attenuation of Driveline Vibrations through Tuning of Propeller Shaft Liners|
|Technical Paper||The Influence of the Steering Gear Design into the Steering Wheel Nibble|
CitationMynderse, J., Sandstrom, A., and Sun, Z., "Dynamic Decoupling of Driveline Dynamics from NVH Driveline Dynamometer: an Industry Sponsored Senior Design Project," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2347, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-2347.
- Grundy , J. Experiences with Facilitating Student Learning in a Group Information Systems Project Course Proc. SE:E&P Dunedin, New Zealand January 1996
- McVay , R. , Floersheim , R. , Ayyar , A. , Hollander , K. et al. The Benefits of Involving Industry in Engineer Capstone Courses: A Case Study Proc. of Capstone Design Conference Champaign-Urbana, IL, USA May 2012
- Guardiola , I. , Dagli , C. Using University-Funded Research Topics to Teach System Design Process and Tools IEEE Transaction of Education 56 4 November 2013
- Mynderse , J. , Arslan , S. , Liu , L. Using A Funded Capstone Project to Teach Fluid Power and Advanced Mechanical Design Proc. of the ASME 2014 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition Montreal, Quebec, Canada November 2014
- Metered , H. , Mostafa , S. , El-Demerdash , S. , Hammad , N. et al. Testing, Modelling and Analysis of a Linear Magnetorheological Fluid Damper under Sinusoidal Conditions SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-0996 2013 10.4271/2013-01-0996
- Ciocanel , C. , Nguyen , T. , Schroeder , C. , and Elahinia , M. Performance Evaluation of a Semi-Active Magnetorheological Mount SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-0429 2008 10.4271/2008-01-0429
- Hagelthorn , G. The Means to Accurately Install Tapered Roller Bearings to Specified Values of Acceptable Preload on Axles of Highway Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 942295 1994 10.4271/942295
- Macedo , G. and Nonato , F. Analysis of the Influence of Pre-Loading in the Rating Life Calculation of Tapered Roller Bearings Applied to Lightweight Front-Axle Differentials SAE Technical Paper 2012-36-0230 2012 10.4271/2012-36-0230