This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Implementation of Air-Fuel Ratio Feed-Forward Controller Considering Heat Transfer at Intake System to SI Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
For further development of the thermal efficiency of SI engines, the robust control of the air-fuel ratio (A/F) fluctuation is one of the most important technologies, because the A/F is maintained at the theoretical constant value, which causes the increase of the catalytic conversion efficiency and the reduction of pollutant emission. We developed the robust controller of the A/F, which is the method to change the fuel injection rate by using the feed-forward (FF) controller considering the heat transfer at the intake system. The FF controller was verified under transient driving conditions for a single cylinder, and the A/F fluctuations were reduced at approximately 84%.
CitationIchiyanagi, M. and Suzuki, T., "Implementation of Air-Fuel Ratio Feed-Forward Controller Considering Heat Transfer at Intake System to SI Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1982, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-1982.
- Shayler , P.J. , Colechin , M.J.F. , Scarisbrick , A. 1996 Heat Transfer Measurements in the Intake Port of a Spark Ignition Engine SAE Tech Paper Series, Paper No. 960273
- Bohac , S.V. , Baker , D.M. , Assanis , D.N. 1996 A Global Model for Steady State and Transient S.I. Engine Heat Transfer Studies SAE Tech Paper Series, Paper No. 960073
- Deur , J. , Magner , S.W. , Jankovic , M. , Hrovat , D. 2004 Influence of Intake Manifold Heat Transfer Effects on Accuracy of SI Engine Air-Charge Prediction ASME Proc, Paper No. IMECE2004-60376
- Izumi , H. , Kidani , Y. , Suzuki , T. 2008 The Effect of Intake System Heat Transfer on Air Fuel Ratio and Fuel Injection Correction with Intake System Temperature Trans Soc Automotive Eng Jpn 39 5 33 38
- Yoshida , M. , Tominaga , K. , Suzuki , T. , Oguri , Y. 1999 The Effect of Heating New-Charged Air and its Temperature in Intake System (1st Report, Under Steady Flow and Motoring Condition) Trans Jpn Soc Mech Eng, Series B 65 633 1845 1850
- Hendricks , E. , Sorenson , S.C. 1990 Mean Value Modelling of Spark Ignition Engines SAE Tech Paper Series, Paper No. 900616
- Eichelberg , G. 1939 Some New Investigation on Old Combustion Engine Problems Engineering 463 446 547 560