This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Influence of Fuel Volatility on Evaporation Characteristics of Diesel Sprays in Various Low Temperature and Low Density Surrounding Conditions Like at Early Pilot or Late Post Injections
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The diesel spray characteristics in early pilot and late post fuel injections in a constant volume chamber which can create the in-cylinder conditions of a diesel engine were visualized with high speed video. At the early pilot and late post fuel injection, there was a longer penetration of the liquid phase fuel spray as well as slower evaporation. With normal heptane the impingement of liquid spray with early pilot and post fuel injections can be avoided due to a faster evaporation. The penetration of liquid phase fuel spray increases significantly at low IMEP and late post injection conditions with diesel fuel.
CitationOgawa, H., Tashiro, K., Numata, M., Obe, T. et al., "Influence of Fuel Volatility on Evaporation Characteristics of Diesel Sprays in Various Low Temperature and Low Density Surrounding Conditions Like at Early Pilot or Late Post Injections," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1923, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-1923.
- Bouchez , M. and Dementhon , J. Strategies for the Control of Particulate Trap Regeneration SAE 2000-01-0472 2000
- Yamamoto , K. , Takada , K. , Kusaka , J. , Kanno , Y. et al. Influence of Diesel Post Injection Timing on HC Emissions and Catalytic Oxidation Performance SAE Paper 2006-01-3442 2006
- Ogawa H. , Xiong Q. , Obe T. , Sakane Y. and Shibata G. Improvements in Thermal Efficiency of Premixed Diesel Combustion with Optimization of Combustion Related Parameters and Fuel Volatilities International Journal of Engine Research (IMech E) December 9 2014 2014
- Wattrus , M. Fuel Property Effects on Oil Dilution in Diesel Engines SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr. 6 3 794 806 2013 10.4271/2013-01-2680
- Artmann , C. , Kaspar , M. , Rabl , H. , and Mayer , W. A New Measurement Technique for Online Oil Dilution Measurement SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr. 6 3 594 604 2013 10.4271/2013-01-2521
- Oinuma , R. , Takuma , S. , Koyano , T. , and Takiguchi , M. Effects of Post Injection on Piston Lubrication in a Common Rail Small Bore Diesel Engine SAE Paper, 2005-01-2166 2005
- Budde , M. , Ehrly , M. , Jakob , M. , Wittler , M. et al. Simulation and Optical Analysis of Oil Dilution in Diesel Regeneration Operation SAE Paper, 2011-01-1844 2011
- Su , T. F. , Patterson , M. A. , Reitz , R. D. and Farrell , P. V. Experimental and Numerical Studies of High Pressure Multiple Injection Sprays SAE Paper, 960861 1996
- Fujii , T. , Kitaguchi , K. , Hattori , S. , Hori , T. and Senda , J. Development of Breakup Model for Large Eddy Simulation of Diesel Spray Journal of Energy and Power Engineering 7 2312 2320 2013