This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
CFD Analysis of Spray-Wall Interaction under Evaporating Condition
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
To improve the impinging spray's computational fluid dynamics (CFD) calculations under evaporating conditions, a detailed large eddy simulation (LES) code was constructed and examined for modeling the near-wall-velocity behavior of the impinging jet. The near-wall-velocity profile within the impinging jet was found to be different from that obtained using the steady wall functions. On the basis of this knowledge, a simple model of the wall boundary conditions was proposed for the impinging jet. The tests covered two different turbulence models. Comparing with the conventional wall functions, the proposed model improved the accuracy of the impinging spray simulations.
CitationSaijyo, K., Ishii, Y., and Takashima, T., "CFD Analysis of Spray-Wall Interaction under Evaporating Condition," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1854, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-1854.
- Bruneaux , G. , Mixing Process in High Pressure Diesel Jets by Normalized Laser Induced Exciplex Fluorescence Part II: Wall Impinging Versus Free Jet SAE Paper 2005-01-2097 2005
- Amsden , A. A. , O'Rourke , P. J. and Butler , T. D. KIVA-II: A Computer Program for Chemically Reactive Flows with Sprays, Los Alamos National Laboratory Report LA-11560-MS 1989
- Amsden , A. A. Kiva-3: A KIVA Program with Block-Structured Mesh for Complex Geometries Los Alamos National Laboratory, Report LA-12503-MS 1993
- Miyake , Y. and Tsujimoto , K. Direct Numerical Simulation of Turbulent Channel Flow with Periodic Pressure Gradient (in Japanese with English Abstract) Trans. JSME(B) 69 587 2401 2408 1995
- Kajishima , T. Conservation Properties of Finite Difference Method for Convection (in Japanese with English Abstract) Trans. JSME(B) 60 574 2058 2063 1994
- Abe , H. , Kawamura , H. and Matsuo , Y. Ivestigation of Computational Accuracy in Direct Numerical Simulation of Turbulent Channel Flow using Finite-Difference Method (in Japanese with English Abstract) Trans. JSME(B) 66 647 1698 1705 2000
- Bruneaux , G. Mixing Process in High Pressure Diesel Jets by Normalized Laser Induced Exciplex Fluorescence Part I: Free Jet SAE Paper 2005-01-2100
- Larmi , M. and Tiainen , J. Diesel Spray Simulation and KH-RT Wave Model SAE Paper 2003-01-3231
- Kobayashi , H. The Subgrid-Scale Models based on Coherent Structures for Rotating Homogeneous Turbulence and Turbulent Channel Flow Phys. Fluids 17 2005
- Kobayashi , H. , Ham , F. and Wu , X. Application of a Local SGS Model based on Coherent Structures to Complex Geometries International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow 29 640 653 2008
- Takewaki , H. , Nishiguchi , A. and Yabe , T. , The Cubic-Interpolated Pseudo-Particle (CIP) Method for Solving Hyperbolic-Type Equations J. Computer Physics 61 261 268 1985