This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Researches of Double-Layer Diverging Combustion System (DLDCS) in a DI Diesel Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The new DI diesel engine combustion system named Double-Layer Diverging Combustion System (DLDCS) results in a better Brake Specific Fuel Consumption (BSFC) and lower exhaust emissions. The previous results of numerical simulation and bench test of a single cylinder DI diesel engine showed that more homogeneous fuel distribution, better BSFC and lower emission level were obtained by employing this combustion system. In this research, further numerical simulation are employed to seek the best injection advance angle and investigate the influence of different volume fraction and type lines of upper layer with AVL Fire.
- Wuqiang Long - Dalian University of Technology
- Yao Fu - Dalian University of Technology
- Jiangping Tian - Dalian University of Technology
- Shuang He - Dalian University of Technology
- Lei Chen - Dalian University of Technology Shenyang Aerospace Univ.
- Kunpeng Qi - Dalian University of Technology Shenyang Aerospace Univ.
CitationLong, W., Fu, Y., Tian, J., He, S. et al., "Researches of Double-Layer Diverging Combustion System (DLDCS) in a DI Diesel Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1833, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-1833.
- Long , W., Q. , Qi , K., P. , Fu , Y. et al. Double-Layer Diverging Combustion System in a DI Diesel Engine Chinese Patent, ZL 201210152367.6
- Ichiro , S. , Kazuyoshi , I. , Hiromichi , Y. et al. Development of TOYOTA Reflex Burn (TRB) System in DI Diesel SAE Technical Paper 900658 1990
- Satoshi , K. , and Shigeru , O. New Type of Diesel Engine by Impingement of Fuel Jet (OSKA-D) SAE Technical Paper 901618 1990
- Jovanovic Z., S. , The effect of combustion chamber geometry layout on combustion and emission Thermal Science 12 7 24 2008
- Jaichandar , S. , and Annamalai , K. Influences of re-entrant combustion chamber geometry on the performance of Pongamia biodiesel in a DI diesel engine Energy 44 633 640 2012
- Jaichandar , S. , Kuma , P., S. , and Annamalai , K. Combined effect of injection timing and combustion chamber geometry on the performance of a biodiesel fueled diesel engine Energy 47 388 394 2012
- Takashi , K. , and Kusaka , J. Improvement of Combustion and Exhaust Gas Emissions in a Passenger Car Diesel Engine by Modification of Combustion Chamber Design SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-3435 2006
- Montajir , R. , Tsunemoto , H. , and Ishitan , H. Fuel spray behavior in a small di diesel engine: effect of combustion chamber geometry SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-0946 2000
- Chen , H., L. Researches on Double-Layer Diverging Combustion System of DI Diesel Engine Master Academic Dissertations DUT 2012
- Dong , P., B. Optimization Research on Parameters Match of Double-Layer Diverging Combustion System for DI Diesel Engine Master Academic Dissertations DUT 2013
- Liu , X. The Experiment and Numerical Simulation Research of Heavy Fuel Oil Used in Medium Speed Diesel Engine Master Academic Dissertations DUT 2010
- Han , Z. , and Reitz , R., D. Turbulence Modeling of Internal Combustion Engine Using RNG k-ε Models Combustion Science and Technology 106 2 267 295 1995
- CD Adapco Group STAR-CD Methodology Computational Dynamics Limited 3.22 2004
- Huh , K., Y. , and Gosman , A., D. A Phenomenological Model of Diesel Spray Atomization Proceedings of the International Conference on Multiphase Flows 1991
- Reitz , R., D. , and Diwakar , R. Effect of Drop Breakup on Fuel Sparys SAE Technical Paper 860469 1986
- Reitz , R., D. , and Diwakar , R. Structure if High-speed Fuel Sprays SAE Technical Paper 870598 1987
- Bai , C. , and Gosman , A., D. Development of Methodology for Spray Impingement Simulation SAE Technical Paper 950283 1995
- Kong , S., C. , Han , Z. , Reitz , R., D. The Development and Application of Diesel Ignition and Combustion Model for Multi-dimensional Engine Simulation SAE Technical Paper 950278 1995
- Magnusson , I. Application of a Detailed Emission Model for Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Simulation Oil & Gas Science and Technology 154 2 293 296 1999
- Bianchi , G., M. , Pelloni , P. , Corcione , F., E. et al. Numerical Analysis of Passenger Car HSDI Diesel Engines with the 2nd Generation of Common Rail Injection Systems: The Effect of Multiple Injection on Emissions SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1068 2001