This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Study on Hybrid Control Method for Improvement of Fuel Economy and Exhaust-Gas Emission of Hybrid Trucks
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 01, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Next-generation vehicles which include Electric Vehicles and Hybrid Electric Vehicles are studied and expected to reduce carbon dioxide emissions. The number of small delivery hybrid trucks has increased in the commercial vehicle class. The engine load of a commercial hybrid truck is reduced by using an electric motor. Fuel economy of the hybrid truck is improved with the assist. On the other hand, exhaust-gas temperature is decreased, and it has a negative effect on the purification performance of aftertreatment system.
In this report, the fuel performance and emission gas characteristics of marketed small hybrid trucks were surveyed using the chassis dynamometer test system. Next, the relationship between the fuel performance and emission gas characteristics during the traveling of various hybrid trucks was checked and the new hybrid control aiming at both improvement of fuel economy and reduction of the emission gas at a time was reviewed by using the Hybrid powertrain test bed system.
Citationokui, N. and Kobayashi, M., "A Study on Hybrid Control Method for Improvement of Fuel Economy and Exhaust-Gas Emission of Hybrid Trucks," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1780, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-1780.
- JSAE 67 8 2013
- Suzuki T. Thorough study of diesel engine TOKYO Grand Prix BOOK PUBLISHING 2012 258
- Onoya S. , Yamasaki M. , Miyazawa Y. , Fujita S. , Okamura O. Measurement of exhaust emission from heavy duty hybrid-trucks Tokyo Metropolitan Research Institute for Environmental Protection Report 69 71 2011
- Onoya S. , Yamasaki M. , Miyazawa Y. , Fujita S. Measurement of exhaust emission from heavy duty hybrid-trucks that met Post New Long-term Regulation Tokyo Metropolitan Research Institute for Environmental Protection Report 59 62 2012
- Kawada Y. , Sato S. , Sato S. , Hosoya M. , Mizuno A. Effect of Non-thermal Plasma on Low Temperature NOx Conversion with SCR Catalyst The Institute of Electrostatics Japan 34 5 234 248 2010
- Saito S. , Shinozaki R. , Suzuki A. , Jyoutaki H. , Takeda Y. Development of Urea-SCR System for Commercial Vehicle SAE International, 2003-01-3248 2003
- Sato S. , Sato S. , Hosoya M. Improvement of low-Temperature Performance of The NOx Reduction Efficiency on the Urea-SCR Catalysts SAE International, 2013-01-1076 2013
- Gao Z. , Daw C.S. , Chakravarthy V.K. Simulation of Catalytic Oxidation and Selective Catalytic NOx Reduction in Lean-Exhaust Hybrid Vehicles SAE International, 2012-01-1304 2012
- Daw , C. , Gao , Z. , Smith , D. , Laclair , T. et al. Simulated Fuel Economy and Emissions Performance during City and Interstate Driving for a Heavy-Duty Hybrid Truck SAE Int. J. Commer. Veh. 6 1 161 182 2013 10.4271/2013-01-1033
- Dingle O. , Ross J. , Trivic I. , Cavina N. , Rioli M. Model-Based Assessment of Hybrid Powertrain Solutions SAE International, 2011-24-0070 2011
- Okui N. , Niikuni T. , Kawai T. , Suzuki M. , Hiroshi H. , Maesoma K. Development of Evaluation System for Exhaust Gas and Fuel Economy of Next-generation Hybrid Electric Vehicle SAE International, 2013-01-2602 2013
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Handout of Panel on Infrastructure Development Environment Subcommittee, Transportation Policy Council transportation system Subcommittee Environment Subcommittee Report 2011
- Japan Trucking Association Report of Technology research of hybrid truck 2011
- Okui N. , Niikuni T. A Study of Fuel Economy Improvement of Small Delivery Hybrid Trucks SAE International, 2014-01-2903 2014
- Kabe S. , Sawayama A. , Araki T. , Yokota A. , Ootsuki S. Development of Hybrid System for the Light-duty Trucks JSAE Annual Congress Paper, 2011574 1 4 2011
- Ohtani Y. , Innami T. , Obata T. , Yamaguchi T. , Kimura T. , Oshima T. Development of an Electrically-Driven Intelligent Brake Unit SAE International, 2013-01-2602 2013
- Sunaga Y. Development of System Control for a New Two-Motor Hybrid Powertrain JSAE Annual Congress Paper, 20135873 1 4 2013
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism http://www.mlit.go.jp/jidosha/iinkai/seibi/6houkokusyo.pdf