This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Parameter Identification of Tire Model Based on Improved Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Accurate parameters of vehicle motion state are very important to the active safety of a vehicle. Currently the extended Kalman filter and unscented Kalman filter are widely used in estimation of the key state parameters, such as speed. In this situation, tire model must be used. The Magic Formula Tire Model is widely used in vehicle dynamics simulation because of its high versatility and accuracy. However, it requires a large number of parameters, which make the key state parameters of a real vehicle difficult to accurately obtain. Therefore, it is limited in real-time control of a vehicle. Firstly, the original Magic Formula Tire Model is simplified in this paper; then Jin Chi's Tire Model is introduced; thirdly, parameters of both the simplified Magic Formula and Jin Chi's Tire Model are identified using PSO (Particle Swarm Optimization) algorithm. Finally, Jin Chi's Tire Model is also used in parameters identification of experimental data.
|Technical Paper||Development of Active Control Strategy for Flat Tire Vehicles|
|Technical Paper||Evaluation of Advanced Steering Control with Computer Simulation|
|Technical Paper||Terrain Truck: Control of Wheel Rotational Velocities and Tire Slippages|
CitationZhuo, G., Wang, J., and Zhang, F., "Parameter Identification of Tire Model Based on Improved Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1586, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-1586.
- Wang Y. and Zhao L. Typical Tire Model and Its Trend of Development Agricultural Equipment & Vehicle Engineering 2007 12 3 5
- Zhang X. , Wang F. and Gao Y Analysis of the Steady-State Models Vehicle Technology 2012 6 1 7
- Jin , C. , Xiong , L. , Yu , Z. , and Feng , Y. Path Following Control for Skid Steering Vehicles with Vehicle Speed Adaption SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-0277 2014 10.4271/2014-01-0277
- Song X. , Li H and Guo K. Parameter Identify of Tire Model based on Improved PSO Algorithm Science and Technology Review 2011.29 11-09 53 56
- Zhuo , G. and Zhang , F. Estimation of the Real Vehicle Velocity Based on UKF and PSO SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-0107 2014 10.4271/2014-01-0107
- KENNEDY J , EBERHART R C Particle swarm optimization Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks Piscataway, NJ 1995 1942 1948