This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Antilock Brake Control System for Four-Wheel-Drive Electric Vehicle with Electro-hydraulic Braking based on Precise Control of Hydraulic Braking Force
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
With the objective to regulate hydraulic pressure accurately by controlling high speed on-off valve (HSV), finite element models are parameterized based on measured parameters of an ABS hydraulic actuator unit (HCU). The data that reflects transient electromagnetic characteristics of HSV is selected with finite element numerical simulation. Taking full advantage of those data, accurate physical models of HSV are built with other parts of hydraulic braking system.
Then a new system structure is proposed to control hydraulic pressure. Not only do simulation results show ideal control effect, but also hydraulic braking system can be controlled under arbitrary input signal. Accordingly, hydraulic braking force can achieve fine regulation.
Finally, the hydraulic braking system is utilized to design antilock brake control system for four-wheel-drive electric vehicle with electro-hydraulic braking. That kind of system is established on the basis of hierarchical control structure. By what is called a frequency assignment approach, the lower controller coordinates the total braking torque, which is calculated by sliding mode control algorithm in the upper controller. During braking force distribution, motors execute the higher frequency torque commands, while hydraulic system responses for the lower frequency ones. System's effectiveness is validated under emergent braking based on AMESim-Simulink co-simulation.
CitationZhuo, G., Shen, H., Wu, S., and Ren, Y., "Antilock Brake Control System for Four-Wheel-Drive Electric Vehicle with Electro-hydraulic Braking based on Precise Control of Hydraulic Braking Force," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1573, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-1573.
- Chu , L. , Ou , Y. , Zhang , Y. et al. Mechanism Study of Pressure Change Rate of ABS Hydraulic Control System is Automobile Technology 9 19 23 2010
- Zhang , B. , Liu , H. , Cui , H. et al. Pressure Fine Regulation Trial Based on PWM Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Machinery 38 7 58 61 2007
- Li , Z. , Liu , H. , Liu , Z. et al. Experimental Study on Change Rate Model of Brake Pressure of ABS Wheel Cylinder Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Machinery 38 9 6 9 2007
- Xiong , L. , Yu , Z. Vehicle Dynamic Control of 4 In-Wheel-Motor Drived Electric Vehicle Electric Vehicles-Modelling and Simulations 67 2011
- De, Castro , R. , Araújo , R, E. , Tanelli , M. et al. Torque Blending and Wheel Slip Control in EVs with In-wheel Motors Vehicle System Dynamics 50 sup1 71 94 2012
- Tang , D. , Wu , G. , and Zhou , F. Analysis of Performance of ABS Solenoid Valve by Finite Element Analysis Journal of Tongji university 31 6 724 727 2003
- Wu , S. Fine Regulation of Wheel Cylinder Pressure and Anti-Lock Braking System Control Strategy Research based on High Speed On-Off Valve Tongji University 11 75 2014
- Tao , R. , Zhang H. , and Fu D. The Modeling and Simulation of ABS Hydraulic-brake System Using AMESim Journal of Guangdong Communications Polytechnic 09 1 46 48 2010
- Pang , Z. and Cui , H. System Identification and Adaptive Control of MATLAB Simulation (Chinese Edition) Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics Press Beijing 978-7-81124-769-5 184 193 2009
- Fang , C. and Xiao , D. Process identification Tsinghua University press Beijing 9787302002291 54 66 2007
- Nouillant , C. Assadian , F. Moreau , X. et al. Hybrid Control Architecture for Automobile ABS Robot and Human Interactive Communication, 10th IEEE International Workshop on IEEE 493 498 2011
- Wu , M. Shih , M. Simulated And Experimental Study Of Hydraulic Anti-Lock Braking System Using Sliding-Mode PWM Control Mechatronics 13 4 331 351 2003
- Härkegård , O. Dynamic Control Allocation Using Constrained Quadratic Programming Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics 27 6 1028 1034 2004
- Ren , Y. Vehicle Stability Control for Four-Wheel-Drive Electric Vehicle with Electro-hydraulic Braking Tongji University 73 77 2014
- Härkegård , O. Efficient Active Set Algorithms for Solving Constrained Least Squares Problems In Aircraft Control Allocation Decision and Control, Proceedings of the 41st IEEE Conference on 2 1295 1300 2002
- Schofield , B. Model-based Vehicle Dynamics Control for Active Safety Department Of Automatic Control 2008
- Pacejka , H.B. The Tyre as A Vehicle Component XXVI FISITA Congress Prague, Czech Republic 1 19 1996