This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Park Pawl Dynamic System Engagement Speed Calculation Using Isight
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
For a CAE model of the park pawl dynamic system, the engagement speed calculation is done by controlling the input rotational velocity of the vehicle. Usually, it requires multiple adjustment of the input rotational velocity to get the engagement speed and that demands time, effort and file management skill of an analyst. The current objective of this paper is to demonstrate how software Isight, working with ABAQUS Explicit as the solver, can be used to automate the engagement speed calculation procedure and thus reduce the time and effort required of a CAE analyst. The automated system is developed in a way such that the accuracy of the results can be controlled by the end user. It is observed that the automated system significantly saves an analyst's effort. The system design can be optimized easily for modifiable design features such as the torsional spring and the actuator spring stiffness values using the proposed procedure. It is detected that for such an optimization problem, the proposed technique reduces the analyst's time significantly.
|Journal Article||Road Profile Estimation for Active Suspension Applications|
|Technical Paper||Design, Development and Application of Test Bench for Electrically Controlled Steering Systems|
CitationYuan, C. and Rahman, N., "Park Pawl Dynamic System Engagement Speed Calculation Using Isight," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1363, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-1363.
- Huang , Y. Park Lock Dynamic Analysis using VALDYN https://www.ricardo.com/Global/IA/Software-Powertrain-Engineering/VALDYN/VALDYN_Park_Lock_Analysis.pdf
- Jeyakumaran , J. and Zhang , N. Dynamic analysis of an automatic transmission parking mechanism http://epress.lib.uts.edu.au/research/handle/10453/11997
- Sui J. S. , Hirshey J. A. II Automobile CVT Shift and Prak Mechanism and Powered Lift Gate Simulation Using ADAMS and CATIA http://web.mscsoftware.com/support/library/conf/adams/na/2000/33_DaimlerChrysler_cvt_shift_park.pdf
- Ramnath D. , Andrade P. Simulation of a Parking Pawl Mechanism with ABAQUS/Standard and ABAQUS/Explicit http://www.simulia.com/forms/world/pdf2002/ramnath.pdf
- Hamming , Richard 1973 Numerical Methods for Scientists and Engineers (2nd Edition) Dover Publications http://app.knovel.com/hotlink/toc/id:kpNMSEE001/numerical-methods-scientists/numerical-methods-scientists
- Isight 5.6-4 User's Guide