This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Experimental Analysis and Model Validation of a Dual Mass Flywheel for Passenger Cars
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper investigates the torsional dynamic behaviour of a Dual Mass Flywheel (DMF) both numerically and experimentally. First, the experimental setup is described, followed by a mathematical description in the frequency domain of the mechanical system under test, using a lumped parameter model. An analytical expression for the frequency response function describing the rotational dynamics is derived and compared with experimental data. Sine sweep tests are used to characterise the system, imposing constant amplitude excitation, i.e. the torque applied to the engine side of the DMF. Moreover a method for enhancing the dynamic performance of the electric motor torque control is suggested in order to use it as a torsional shaker. The effects of system nonlinearities, such as the variations of the stiffness with the amplitude of excitation or the influence of the mean torque value on the frequency response are highlighted; finally the effect of the rotational speed on the DMF filtering effect is investigated.
|Technical Paper||New Hybrid Bus Prototype for Clean Urban Transportation|
|Technical Paper||A High Useable Energy Density Flywheel System Making Solar-Powered HALE UAV a Realistic Technology|
|Technical Paper||Pneumatic Start-Stop System|
CitationGalvagno, E., Velardocchia, M., Vigliani, A., and Tota, A., "Experimental Analysis and Model Validation of a Dual Mass Flywheel for Passenger Cars," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1121, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-1121.
- Reik , W. , Seebacher , R. and Kooy A. Dual Mass Flywheel 6th Luk Symposium 1998 69 93
- Dual Mass Flywheel: Technology/Failure Diagnosis/Special Tools/User Instruction Schaeffler Automotive Aftermarket GmbH & Co. KG September 2013
- Kooy , A. , Gillmann , A. , Jäckel , J. , and Bosse , M. DMFW - Nothing New? Luk Symposium 2002 11 12 April 2002
- Li , Z. and Sandhu , J. Transmission Torque Converter Arc Spring Damper Dynamic Characteristics for Driveline Torsional Vibration Evaluation SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 6 1 477 482 2013 10.4271/2013-01-1483
- Nicola , A. and Sauer , B. Rotational Vibrometers Help Determine the Transmission Behavior of a DMF Polytec InFocus 1 2007
- Schaper , U. , Sawodny , O. , Mahl , T. and Blessing , U. Modeling and torque estimation of an automotive Dual Mass Flywheel 2009 American Control Conference St.Louis, MO, USA June 10 12 2009
- Yingfeng , S. and Kam , K L. Frequency-weighted feedforward control for dynamic compensation in ionic polymer-metal composite actuators 2009 Smart Mater. Struct. 18 125016 10.1088/0964-1726/18/12/125016
- French M. and Gordon B. Short Time Period Excitation of Structures Proc. of 1995 IMAC XIII - 13th International Modal Analysis Conference
- Brandt , A. Noise and Vibration Analysis - Signal Analysis and Experimental Procedures 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. 978-0-470-74644-8
- Crandall S.H. The Role Of Damping In Vibration Theory J. Sound and Vibration 1970 11 1 3 18