This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Pd-Only Catalyst for LEV III and SULEV30
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This research is aimed at development of the catalyst for gasoline automobiles which uses only palladium (Pd) among platinum group metals (PGMs). And the conformity emission category aimed at LEV III-SULEV30. For evaluation, the improvement effect was verified for 2013 model year (MY) ACCORD (LEV II-SULEV) as the reference. As compared with Pd-rhodium (Rh) catalyst, a Pd-only catalyst had the low purification performance of nitrogen oxides (NOx), and there was a problem in the drop in dispersion of Pd by sintering, and phosphorus (P) poisoning. The following was performed in order to improve these. 1) NOx purification performance was improved using an enhanced basicity support material by promoting the dissociation of N and O in NOx 2) sintering of Pd was controlled using the anchoring effect of praseodymium-zirconia (PrZrOx) 3) poisoning inhibition of Pd and the support material was carried out utilizing the P trapping effect of praseodymium (Pr) Tail pipe emission was set to the LEV III-SULEV30 regulation conformity level by these improvement and optimization.
CitationKakema, T., Suehiro, Y., Matsuzono, Y., Narishige, T. et al., "Development of Pd-Only Catalyst for LEV III and SULEV30," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1003, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-1003.
- PLATINUM 2013 Johnson Matthey plc. London 2013
- BASF Catalysts Engelhard Industrial Bullion (EIB) Precious Metal Pricing http://apps.catalysts.basf.com/apps/eibprices/mp/ Oct 2014
- Matsuzono , Y. , kuroki , K. , Nishi , T. , Suzuki , N. et al. Development of Advanced and Low PGM TWC System for LEV2 PZ EV and LEV3 SULEV30 SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-1242 2012 10.4271/2012-01-1242
- Twigg , M. , Collins , N. , Morris , D. , O'Connell , T. et al. The Effect of Phosphorus and Boron Lubricant Oil Additives on Catalyst and Engine Durability SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-1888 2004 10.4271/2004-01-1888
- Delley , B. : An All-Electron Numerical Method for Solving the Local Density Functional for Polyatomic Molecules J. Chem. Phys. 92 508 1990
- Delley , B. : From molecules to solids with the DMol3 approach J. Chem. Phys. 113 7756 2000
- Vosko , S. H. , Wilk , L. , Nusair , M. : Accurate spin-dependent electron liquid correlation energies for local spin density calculations: a critical analysis Can. J. Phys. 58 1200 1980
- NIST X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy Database