This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Solar Powered Vehicle Parking Ventilation System Pre-Cooling Analysis
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 14, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The cabin air temperature increases quickly and can reach 80°C when the vehicle parks in the summer sunlight which has the bad influence on the occupants entering comfort. Some luxury vehicles, like Audi A8, reduce the internal temperature through operating air-condition in advance or using on-board battery to drive the cabin ventilator, which requires relatively complex control system and limits the system's operating time because of energy consumption.
This research adopts the solar wing as the ventilation power supply and accomplishes the cabin real-time heat rejection by achieving the steady air circulation for both inside and outside environment. First, the static thermal transfer model of the crew cabin is established. Then, on the basis of the parameters of the prototype ventilation pipe, the ventilation model for the outside circulation is built. After that, the parameters of the solar wing are determined according to the control target of the cabin internal air temperature. Besides, combination of the working conditions for both the solar wing and the ventilator are analyzed. Experiments have been conducted for verifying the static thermal transfer model and the ventilation model.
The results show that the system can reduce the cabin air temperature with a maximum of 15°C, therefore, the occupant entering comfort is improved when vehicle is parking under the hot sun.
CitationHu, Z., Tan, G., Li, Z., Xu, H. et al., "Solar Powered Vehicle Parking Ventilation System Pre-Cooling Analysis," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-0367, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-0367.
- Audi A8 Owner's Manual Chinesisch VR China 09 2010
- Long Enshen and Wang Yong Theoretical and Experimental Study on Air Temperature Characteristics inside a Car during Parking and Starting [J] Journal of Chongqing Jianzhu University 2003 06
- Zhang Xiaobin , Yuan Xiaowu and Li Yuanjie Study on Solar Cells [J] Dongfang Electric Review 2012 26
- Parrino , M. , Carnino , R. , Romitelli , G. , Dongiovanni , M. et al. Investigation of Pre-Cooling Effectiveness in Vehicle Cabin Cool-Down SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-1380 2004 10.4271/2004-01-1380
- Rao Jianye , Li Yongdong , Li Qian and Shen ZhiYu Design and Research on the Solar Array Simulator [J] Power Electronics 2007 41 9 914 923