This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Dynamic Analysis of Wiper System and Noise Prediction of Blade Reverse
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 30, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Wiper noise generated in the wiping process is one of the main influence factors affecting the driving comfort. Since the dynamic contact pressure of the contact between a blade and a windshield glass is difficult to be measured, it is also difficult to predict the degree of the wiper noise. In this paper, in the view of the reversal noise problem of a passenger-vehicle windscreen wiper system, the system dynamic models of the both wipers on the sides of the driver and copilot were built as considering the blade deformation and the elastic contact between the blades and the windscreen glass, including the crank pivot, the four linkage mechanism, the wiper blades, the wiper arms and the windscreen glass. The motion of the wiper system and the pressure distributions between the blades and the windscreen glass were analyzed under the half-dry condition. Applying the reversal pressure results from the dynamic simulation as the boundary condition, the acoustic model composed of the windscreen glass and the vehicle cavity was built and the Vibro-Acoustic response was computed. Thus, the sound pressure of the driver seat was predicted. The results can provide necessary foundation to improve the wiper deign and reduce the blade reversal noise.
CitationYu, Z., Qin, W., Hou, Q., Tang, M. et al., "Dynamic Analysis of Wiper System and Noise Prediction of Blade Reverse," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-0106, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-0106.
- Okura , S. and Oya , T. Complete 3D Dynamic Analysis of Blade Reversal Behavior in a Windshield Wiper System SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1373 2003 10.4271/2003-01-1373
- Okura , S. , Sekiguchi , T. , and Oya , T. Dynamic Analysis of Blade Reversal Behavior in a Windshield Wiper System SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-0127 2000 10.4271/2000-01-0127
- MIZOKAMI Masato , AKUT Tsuneo A Fundamental Study on the Reversal Behavior of an Automobile Wiper Blade IMECE Papers, IMECE2009-11038 2009 10.1115/IMECE2009-11038
- Chau K.T. and Wang Z Control of chaotic vibration in automotive wiper systems Chaos, Solitons and Fractals 2009 39 168 10.1016/j.chaos.2007.01.118
- Shinya G et al. Clarification of the mechanism of wiper blade rubber squeal noise generation [J] Society of Automotive Engineers (Japan) Review 2001 22 57 62 10.1016/S0389-4304(00)00095-3
- Lee S H et al. Investigation of the contact force distribution and dynamic behavior of an automobile windshield wiper blade system Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers 2013 1040 1052 10.1177/0954407012474136
- Zhang , L. Experimental Investigation into Friction Induced Noise of Automotive Wiper System SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-0749 2010 10.4271/2010-01-0749