This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Structural Strength Simulations of Ladder Frame Chassis for Light Agriculture Truck
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 30, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A vehicle of interest in this paper was a light agriculture truck. In order to obtain reliable predictions of stress generated in the frame under loads, a combination of experimental tests and computer simulations was arranged. Since the focused deformations were bending and torsion modes, the truck driven up one-wheel ramp and two-wheel ramp was investigated. Strains results obtained from both tests and simulations were compared. The discussions and conclusions were made regarding the accuracy and further improvements of the simulations.
|Technical Paper||Test Substantiation of Aluminum Chassis with Particular Consideration of Extreme Loads|
|Technical Paper||Light Truck Frame Joint Stiffness Study|
|Technical Paper||Modeling and Control of Large Flexible Frame Vehicles Using Bond Graphs|
CitationChuaymung, C., Benyajati, C., and Olarnrithinun, S., "Structural Strength Simulations of Ladder Frame Chassis for Light Agriculture Truck," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-0090, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-0090.
- Nunney , M. Light and Heavy Vehicle Technology Fourth Oxford Elsevier Ltd. 2007 0750680377
- Adams , H. Chassis engineering: chassis design building & tuning for high performance handling New York The Berkley Publishing Group 1993 1557880557
- Hall , B. Suspension systems and components,” in “An Introduction to Modern Vehicle Design Oxford Butterworth-Heinemann 2002 0750650443
- Wu , Shen R. and Gu , L. Introduction to the Explicit Finite Element Method for Nonlinear Transient Dynamics New Jersey John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2012 9780470572375
- Narasaiah G. L. , G. L. Finite Element Analysis Hyderabad BS Publications 2008 9788178001401
- ANSYS Inc. Contact Technology Guide Release 12.1 2009
- ANSYS Inc. Traning Manual Workbench - Mechanical Introduction First 2009
- Bringas , J. E. Handbook of Comparative World Steel Standards Third Pennsylvania ASTM International 2004 0803130422
- Overseas Coastal Area Development Institute of Japan (OCDI) Technical Standards and Commentaries for Port and Harbour Facilities in Japan 2009
- Chinnaraj , K. , Prasad , M. S. and Rao , C. L. Experimental Analysis and Quasi-Static Numerical Idealization of Dynamic Stresses on a Heavy Truck Chassis Frame Assembly Proceeding of Applied Mechanics and Materials 13-14 271 280 2008 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.13-14.271
- Edara , R. , Shih , S. , Tamini , N. , Palmer , T. et al. Heavy Vehicle Suspension Frame Durability Analysis Using Virtual Proving Ground SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-3609 2005 10.4271/2005-01-3609
- Spring Design Manual Warrendale SAE International 1996 9781560916802
- Shinabuth , D. Comparative Analysis of an Electric Bus Body Structure for Lightweight Design International Conference on Automotive Engineering (ICAE-7) Bangkok 2011