This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Development of Active Vent Airbag for the Passenger New NCAP
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 10, 2015 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
For the robust passenger NCAP(New Car Assessment Program) 5star and the stable neck injury performance, a new concept of passenger airbag has been required. Especially, the deployment stability and the vent hole control technology of the passenger airbag can be improved. According to these requirements, the deployment stability technique has been studied and the ‘Active Vent’ technology has been developed. As a result, these technologies have led to achieve the robust NCAP rating and are applied to the production vehicles.
|Technical Paper||Field Study on the Potential Benefit of Different Side Airbag Systems|
|Technical Paper||Automatic Belt Restraint Systems for Motor Vehicle Occupants|
|Technical Paper||Analytical Crush Resistance of Hybrid Aluminum-RCM Roof Structures|
CitationYoo, J., "A Development of Active Vent Airbag for the Passenger New NCAP," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-0024, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4271/2015-01-0024.
- NHTSA-NCAP-Frontal Impact Test Procedure-August 2008[NHTSA-2008-0140]
- NHTSA [Docket No. NHTSA-2006-26555] Consumer Information; New Car Assessment Program
- NHTSA “FMVSS 208 - Advanced A/Bag Final Rule,” 2005.10
- NHTSA “Test Procedures TP208-13
- Kim , Kyoung Chul A Development of the Passenger Side Airbag for Improving Neck Injury for New NCAP 2009 Hyundai Thesis
- Hollowell William T. Performance evaluation of dual stage passenger air bag systems National Highway Traffic Safety Administration 2001
- Kindelberger J. , Chidester A. , Prasad A. and Maltese M. Air Bag and Belt Restraint Performance in Frontal Crashes Real World and Test Experience NHTSA SAE Government Industry Meeting Washington, DC 2003