This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Computational and Experimental Analysis of Fuel Consumption of a Hybridized Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 30, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs) currently represent an alternative to reducing fossil fuel consumption used by internal combustion engines. This paper analyses, in a platform of computational simulation and also in experimental condition, the vehicle fuel consumption, before and after hybridization. It checks the similarity of behaviors and/or the investigation of possible differences between the developed mathematical model and experiments performed. Computer simulations help, through mathematical models, a better understanding of physical phenomena related to engineering problems. A well elaborated computer model has a high fidelity degree with the real systems, becoming a powerful analysis tool. The experiments besides allowing a proof of results, they contribute to a refinement of the simulated models. The hybrid technology under study is characterized by the coupling of two electric motors directly to the rear vehicle wheels. A model for the vehicle longitudinal dynamics described in the literature is implemented in Matlab/ Simulink™ software and the results are compared with the experiments performed on a roller dynamometer.
- Eduardo dos Santos Costa - State University of Campinas - UNICAMP
- Fabio Mazzariol Santiciolli - State University of Campinas - UNICAMP
- Jony Javorski Eckert - State University of Campinas - UNICAMP
- Heron José Dionísio - State University of Campinas - UNICAMP
- Franco Giuseppe Dedini - State University of Campinas - UNICAMP
- Fernanda Cristina Corrêa - Federal Technological University of Paraná - UTFPR
CitationCosta, E., Santiciolli, F., Eckert, J., Dionísio, H. et al., "Computational and Experimental Analysis of Fuel Consumption of a Hybridized Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2014-36-0385, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-36-0385.
- Tie , Siang Fui and Tan Chee Wei 2012 A review of energy sources and energy management system in electric vehicles Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews
- de S. Paulo Folha 2012 Governo Anuncia Amanhã Novo Regime Automotivo http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/mercado/1163505-governo-anuncia-amanha-novo-regime-automotivo.shtml
- Golden Motor 2012 Brushless DC Motor Instructions Product Specification Golden Motor Technology Co. Ltd.
- Guzzela , L. and Sciarretta , A. 2005 Vehicle Propulsion Systems New York Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- National Instruments 2011 Basic Dynamics of Ground Vehicles www.ni.com/white-paper/13013/en/
- Gillespie , Thomas D. 1992 Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics Society of Automotive Engineers 1st Warrendale, Pa., USA
- Ehsani , Mehrdad ; Gao , Yiminand and Emadi , Ali 2010 Modern Electric, Hybrid Electric and Fuel Cell Vehicles: Funda-mentals, Theory and Design 2nd Boca Raton CRC Press
- Jazar , Reza N. 2008 Vehicle Dynamics Theory and Applications New York Springer
- Genta , G. 1997 Motor Vehicle Dynamics: Modeling and Simulation Singapore World Scientific
- Eckert , Jony Javorski 2013 Análise comparativa entre os métodos de cálculo da dinâmica longitudinal em veículos
- Haim , Diego 2011 Redução da Inércia Rotacional no Projeto do Trem de Força
- Santiciolli , Fabio Mazzariol et al. 2013 Evaluation of available energy for regenerative breaking at the Brazilian driving cycle SAE International. 2013-36-0404