This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Tubular Stabilizer for Commercial Vehicle Using Advanced High Strength Steel Material
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 28, 2014 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
Tubular stabilizer bar for commercial vehicle is developed using advanced high strength steel material. Tubular section is proposed to replace the existing solid section. The tubular design is validated by component simulation using ANSYS Software. The tubes are then manufactured of the required size. The bend tool is designed to suit the size of the profile stabilizer bar and the prototypes are made using the tube bending machine. The strength of the tubular stabilizer is increased by using robotic induction hardening system. The tubular stabilizer bar is tested for fatigue load using Instron actuators. Higher weight reduction is achieved by replacing the existing solid stabilizer bar with the tubular stabilizer bar.
CitationRavi, R., Sivasubramanian, ., Simhachalam, B., Balakrishnan, D. et al., "Development of Tubular Stabilizer for Commercial Vehicle Using Advanced High Strength Steel Material," SAE Technical Paper 2014-28-0006, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-28-0006.
- Cole , GS. and Sherman , AM. Lightweight Materials for Automotive Applications Elsevier 1995
- Gokhale Nitin S Practical Finite Element Analysis
- ANSYS Manuals for Structural Analysis
- TUBURY CHESTER. A. Basics of Induction Heating
- Automated Design Analysis of Anti-roll Bars Caliskan Kemal
- Environmental Case Study Automotive World Steel Association 2007
- Li Y , Lin Z , Jiang A , Chen G. Use of high strength steel sheet for lightweight and crashworthy car body Materials and Design 24 177 182 Elsevier 2003
- Koehr , R. ULSAC - Lightweight Steel Automotive Closures SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-0076 2001 10.4271/2001-01-0076