This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Influence of Gear Geometry on Gearbox Noise Reduction - An Experimental Investigation
ISSN: 1946-391X, e-ISSN: 1946-3928
Published October 01, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Nayak, U., Aravind, S., and Aundhekar, S., "Influence of Gear Geometry on Gearbox Noise Reduction - An Experimental Investigation," SAE Int. J. Commer. Veh. 7(2):746-752, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-9029.
- Wellborn, D. B., “Fundamental Knowledge of Gear Noise-A Survey”, IME Paper CI 17/79, 1979.
- Masuda Teruo, Abe Toru and Hattori Kanji, “Prediction Method of Gear Noise Considering the influence of the Tooth Flank Finishing Method”, ASME Paper.
- Dudley, D.W., “Handbook of Practical Gear Design”, Second Edition, Tat McGraw-Hill Edition 2011, Chapter 14.
- Opitz, H., “Noise of Gears”, Phil. Trans. of the Royal Society, Vol. 263, December 1968.
- Smith, J.D., “Gears and their Vibration”, Macmillan, NY, 1983.
- Ill, M., “Some problems of Gear Noise and Quality Control”, Vibration and Noise in Motor vehicles, I. Mech. E., 1972.
- Jones, E. and Route W.D., “Design Considerations in Gear Noise Control”, AGMA Paper 299.02, June 1963.
- Bradley, W., “How to Design the Noise out of Gears”, Machine Design, Vol.45, No. 30, 1973, p-49.
|Technical Paper||Clonk Noise Reduction on the Proportioning Valve of a Hydraulic Braking System|
|Technical Paper||Objective Noise Rating of Gear Whine|
|Technical Paper||Development of Transmission Whine Prediction Tools|