This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Effect of Sulfated Ash in Lubricant on the Performance and Durability of Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 13, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In order to study and evaluate the effect of sulfated ash in different diesel engine lubricants on the performance and durability of diesel particulate filter (DPF), the two engine oils of API CI-4 and CJ-4 with different sulfated ash levels are used respectively in the durability tests of two DPF systems. Moreover, the pressure drop, ash loading and filtration efficiency of the two DPFs, deposits in the inlets and outlets of the DPFs, intake flow rate and fuel consumption rates of engine are measured and compared. The test results show that: Compared to the API CI-4 which has more ash in the formulation than the API CJ-4, the API CJ-4 shows a markedly excellent performance on the lower ash loading and longer service interval and life for DPF, as well as lower fuel consumption rate for the diesel engine with DPF.
|A Study on Off-Road Diesel Engines Emission Reduction
|Next Generation All in One Close-Coupled Urea-SCR System
|Comparison of NOx Level and BSFC for HPL EGR and LPL EGR System of Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine
CitationZhu, H., Li, W., Tao, H., Li, J. et al., "Effect of Sulfated Ash in Lubricant on the Performance and Durability of Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2796, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-2796.
- State Environmental Protection Administration & The State General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine Limits and measurement methods for exhaust pollutants from compression ignition and gas fuelled positive ignition engines of vehicles (China III, IV and V) GB 17691-2005 2005
- The People's Republic of China State Administration of Quality Supervision Inspection and Quarantine & China National Standardization Management Committee Automotive diesel fuel (China V) GB 19147-2013-2013
- Aravelli , K. and Heibel , A. Improved Lifetime Pressure Drop Management for Robust Cordierite (RC) Filters with Asymmetric Cell Technology (ACT) SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-0920 2007 10.4271/2007-01-0920
- Bardasz , E. , Mackney , D. , Britton , N. , Kleinschek , G. et al. Investigations of the Interactions between Lubricant-derived Species and After treatment Systems on a State-of-the-Art Heavy Duty Diesel Engine SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1963 2003 10.4271/2003-01-1963
- The environmental protection department Technical requirement for environmental protection product After-treatment devices for diesel vehicle exhaust HJ 451-2008 2008
- Harlé , V. , Pitois , C. , Rocher , L. , and Garcia , F. Latest Development and Registration of Fuel Borne Catalyst for DPF Regeneration SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-0331 2008 10.4271/2008-01-0331