This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Slip-Rate-Based Braking Force Distribution Algorithm for the Electronic Braking System of Combination Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 30, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The paper focus on enhancing the braking safety and improving the braking performance of the tractor/trailer vehicle. A slip-rate-based braking force distribution algorithm is proposed for the electronic braking system of tractor/trailer combination vehicle. The algorithm controls the slip-rates of the tractor's rear wheels and the semi-trailer's wheels changing with the slip-rate of tractor's front wheels, making tractor's front wheels lock up ahead of the tractor's rear wheels and the semi-trailer's wheels. The algorithm protects the combination vehicle from jackknifing and swing, guaranteeing that the combination vehicle has better driving stability and steering capability. The algorithm can be tested by co-simulation with MATLAB/Simulink and TruckSim software both on high adhesion and low adhesion roads. The simulation results shows that the algorithm can control the wheels' slip-rate changing in the settled range and shorten the braking time, thus improves braking performance of tractor/trailer combination vehicle.
CitationWang, L. and Zheng, H., "A Slip-Rate-Based Braking Force Distribution Algorithm for the Electronic Braking System of Combination Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2385, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-2385.
- Sun Wanfeng Research on Traction/Brake Integrated Control Algorithm for Commercial Vehicle Changchun College of Automotive Engineering JILIN University 2010
- Zong Changfu , Li Wei , Zheng Hongyu , Wang Huaping A Control Algorithm of Braking Force Distribution for the electric Braking System of Commercial Vehicle [J]. Automotive Engineering 2011 33 10 2011180
- Zhao Weiqiang , Zong Changfu , Zheng Hongyu , Jiang Guohua , Yang Shengnan Control Strategy of Commercial Vehicle Electronic Braking System Based on Braking Comfort [J]. Journal of Jilin University (Engineering and Technology Edition) 42 Sup.1 Sept. 2012
- Truck ABS/EBS Electronically Controlled Braking System, Technical Information WABCO
- von Glasner , E. , Bergmann , H. , Marwitz , H. , and Povel , R. Intelligent Braking Management for Commercial Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-3156 2000 10.4271/2000-01-3156
- Weiqiang , Z. , Zong , C. , Zheng , H. , Wang , H. et al. Integrated HIL Test and Development System for Pneumatic ABS/EBS ECU of Commercial Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-2031 2012 10.4271/2012-01-2031
- Semmler , S. , Isermann , R. , Schwarz , R. , and Rieth , P. Wheel Slip Control for Antilock Braking Systems Using Brake-by-Wire Actuators SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-0325 2003 10.4271/2003-01-0325
- Suh , M. , Park , Y. , Kwon , S. , Yang , S. et al. A Simulation Program for the Braking Characteristics of Tractor-Semitrailer Vehicle SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-3415 2000 10.4271/2000-01-3415