This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Study on Dynamic Characteristics and Control Methods for Drive-by-Wire Electric Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 30, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A full drive-by-wire electric vehicle, named Urban Future Electric Vehicle (UFEV) is developed, where the four wheels' traction and braking torques, four wheels' steering angles, and four active suspensions (in the future) are controlled independently. It is an ideal platform to realize the optimal vehicle dynamics, the marginal-stability and the energy-efficient control, it is also a platform for studying the advanced chassis control methods and their applications.
A centralized control system of hierarchical structure for UFEV is proposed, which consist of Sensor Layer, Identification and Estimation Layer, Objective Control Layer, Forces and Motion Distribution Layer, Executive Layer.
In the Identification and Estimation Layer, identification model is established by utilizing neural network algorithms to identify the driver characteristics. Vehicle state estimation and road identification of UFEV based on EKF and Fuzzy Logic Control methods is also conducted in this layer. In the Objective Control Layer, a real-time ideal reference model of vehicle dynamics for drivers with different characteristics are built up with Radical Basis Function (RBF) neural network by using the driving simulator test data, which is used for the control objective of the UFEV. In the forces and motion distribution layer, the control objective (resultant forces and moment of the vehicle) is converted to a constrained optimization control problem, the optimized objective function can be chosen according to different goals, such as the maximum tire-force margin, the minimum energy consumption, then, solving the optimization problem and send the distributed forces and motions to each actuator (e.g. longitudinal tire forces and steering angles of four wheels).
Simulation and experimental verification show that the systematic solution proposed in this paper are effective for the UFEV.
CitationZhang, D., Zong, C., Chen, G., Song, P. et al., "Study on Dynamic Characteristics and Control Methods for Drive-by-Wire Electric Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2291, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-2291.
- Song P , Zong C F , Zheng H Y et al. Rapid Prototyping for the Vehicle Control Unit of a Full Drive-by-Wire Electric Vehicle[J] Advanced Materials Research 2013 694 1573 1581
- Abe M , Mokhiamar O. An integration of vehicle motion controls for full drive-by-wire vehicle [J] Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part K: Journal of Multi-body Dynamics 2007 221 1 116 127
- VALASEK M. Design and control of under-actuated and over-actuated mechanical systems: Challenges of mechanics and mechatronics[J] Vehicle system dynamics 2003 40 37 49
- Suzuki , Y. , Kano , Y. , and Abe , M. A study on tyre force distribution controls for full drive-by-wire electric vehicle Vehicle SystDyn 2014 1 16
- Chang Wang Research on driving intention identification based on hidden Markov model [D] Thesis of Jilin University Changchun, China 2011
- Changfu Zong , Na Lin , Gang Li Neural network modeling of ideal characteristics reference model for “car adaption for driver” X-by-wire vehicle Journal of Jilin University (Engineering and Technology Edition) 43 Sup. Mar. 2013
- Bu Weiqi State Estimation and Road Identification for a Full Drive-By-Wire Electric Vehicle [D] Thesis of Jilin University Changchun, China 2013
- Zong Changfu , Liu Jingwen , Zhang Zexing Stability Integrated Control Algorithm for 4WID/4WIS/4WIB EV Based on Model Predictive Control Proceedings 2012International Conference on VTI 2012 Changchun, China
- Mokhiamar Ossama , Abe Masato 2006 How the four wheels should share forces in an optimum cooperative chassis control Control Engineering Practice 14 295 304
- Guoying Chen Research on Experiment Platform of Four-wheel-independent Electric Vehicle with X-by-wire Technology and its Integrated Control System [D] Thesis of Jilin University Changchun, China 2013