This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
15 Years of Transfer Path Analysis VINS in the Vehicle NVH Development - Selected Results
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 30, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: 8th International Styrian Noise, Vibration & Harshness Congress: The European Automotive Noise Conference
Transfer path analysis is a powerful tool to support the vehicle NVH development. On the one hand it is a fast method to gain an overview of the complex interplay in the vehicle noise generation process. On the other hand it can be used to identify critical noise paths and vehicle components responsible for specific noise phenomena.
FEV has developed several tools, which are adapted to the considered noise phenomena: Powertrain induced interior noise and vibration is analyzed by VINS (Vehicle Interior Noise Simulation), which allows the deduction of improvement measures fast enough for application in the accelerated vehicle development process. Further on vehicle/powertrain combinations not realized in hardware can be evaluated by virtual installation of the powertrain in the vehicle, which is especially interesting in the context of engine downsizing from four to three or six to four cylinders. Road induced interior noise is investigated by “Chassis-VINS” or “Fast-VINS”, depending on the required level of detailing and project timing. With the upcoming change of pass-by noise legislation VENS (Vehicle Exterior Noise Simulation) supports the target oriented component development to fulfill the legal limits.
The application of these methods on more than one hundred vehicles - from microcar to heavy duty truck - in the last decade allows for rating vehicle noise shares relative to the state of the art. Selected examples of different vehicles show possible distributions of several airborne and structure borne noise paths.
|Technical Paper||An Online Estimation Method of Stability Factor of a Vehicle for Steering|
|Technical Paper||Friction Stir Welding of Aluminium-Alloys|
|Technical Paper||Vehicle NVH Prediction Technique for Engine Downsizing|
CitationEisele, G., Wolff, K., Hoppermanns, J., and Genender, P., "15 Years of Transfer Path Analysis VINS in the Vehicle NVH Development - Selected Results," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2047, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-2047.
- Williams J. S. , Steyer G. C. Experimental Noise Path Analysis for Problem Identification in Automobiles 13th International Modal Analysis Conference Nashville, Tennessee 1995
- de Klerk D. Operational transfer path analysis on road noise Haus der Technik 2009
- Philippen B. , Sottek R. OPTPA vs TPA - comparison of transfer path nanalysis methods Aachen Acoustics Colloquium 2011
- Biermayer W. , Brandl F. , Hoeldrich R. , Sontacci A. et.al. Sound engineering based on source contributions and transfer path results JSAE Annual Congress Proceedings (Spring) 2007
- Van der Auweraer , H. , Mas , P. , Dom , S. , Vecchio , A. et al. Transfer Path Analysis in the Critical Path of Vehicle Refinement: The Role of Fast, Hybrid and Operational Path Analysis SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2352 2007 10.4271/2007-01-2352
- Alt , N. , Wiehagen , N. , Schlitzer , M. W. Vehicle Interior Noise Simulation for Evaluating Prototype Powertrains in the Vehicle ATZ 103 2001 5 6 2001
- Locqueteau , C. , Gautier , F. , Guyader , G. , Alt , N. Eisele , G. , Thiele , R. , Hoppermanns , J. Characterization and Vehicle Interior Noise Simulation of Transient Diesel Clatter Noise 15th. Aachen Colloquium “Automobile and Engine Technology” 2006
- Genender , P. , Wolff , K. , Pichot , F. , Eisele , G. Vehicle Interior Noise Simulation VINS as a production vehicle development tool 16th Aachen Colloquium “Automobile and Engine Technology” 2007
- Eisele , G. , Wolff , K. , Alt , N. , and Hüser , M. Application of Vehicle Interior Noise Simulation (VINS) for NVH Analysis of a Passenger Car SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-2514 2005 10.4271/2005-01-2514
- Dohm M. , Angermaier F. , Eisele G. , Park S.-Y. , Lee J.-W. Road Noise Optimization by Use of the TPA-Tool ‘Chassis VINS’ Aachen Acoustics Colloquium 2013
- European Commission Proposal for a REGULATION OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL on the sound level of motor vehicles Brussels 9 12 2011
- Alt , N ; Wolff , K ; Eisele , G. ; Angermaier , F. Fahrzeugaußengeräuschsimulation ATZ 10 2006