This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Power Management Strategy using Dynamic Programming for BSG Mild HEV
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An optimized power management strategy for Belt-Starter Generator (BSG) mild hybrid system is proposed and used to study its benefit of fuel economy on a 2.2L turbo engine. First, a cost function is defined as fuel and battery power consumptions. In order to obtain an optimal fuel economy of BSG, Dynamic Programming (DP) optimization approach is employed to minimize the defined cost function over New European Driving Cycle (NEDC). A nonlinear vehicle dynamics simulation model is established using Matlab®/Simulink. Experimental data are utilized to verify the nonlinear model. Since the detailed simulation model is not suitable for the DP due to its large number of states, a simplified dynamic model is developed in this paper. An optimized power management strategy is extracted by analyzing the results of DP and is evaluated using NEDC. Preliminary simulation results show that the proposed strategy presents lower fuel consumption than that of the conventional strategy by about 11.4%.
- Feng-Chi Hsieh - Hua-Chuang Auto Info Tech. Ctr. (HAITEC)
- Ta-Wei Chou - Hua-Chuang Auto Info Tech. Ctr. (HAITEC)
- Yuan-Chun Chen - Hua-Chuang Auto Info Tech. Ctr. (HAITEC)
- Yin-Dar Huang - Hua-Chuang Auto Info Tech. Ctr. (HAITEC)
- Yu-Wei Lin - Hua-Chuang Auto Info Tech. Ctr. (HAITEC)
- Yu-Wen Peng - Hua-Chuang Auto Info Tech. Ctr. (HAITEC)
CitationHsieh, F., Chou, T., Chen, Y., Huang, Y. et al., "Development of Power Management Strategy using Dynamic Programming for BSG Mild HEV," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-1811, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-1811.
- Cluett , I. Application of Low-Cost Belt Starter-Generator Hybrid Technology in Emerging Markets SAE Technical Paper 2007-26-059 2007 10.4271/2007-26-059
- Gao , B. , Svancara , K. , Walker , A. , Kok , D. et al. Development of a BISG Micro-Hybrid System SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-1330 2009 10.4271/2009-01-1330
- Lin C. C. , Peng H. , Grizzle J. W. , and Kang J. Power Management Strategy for a Parallel Hybrid Electric Truck IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology November 2003 11 839 849
- Kang J. , Kolmanovsky I. , and Grizzle J. W. Dynamic Optimization of Lean Burn Engine Aftertreatment ASME J. Dynamic Systems Measurement and Controls Jun. 2001 123 2 153 160