Development of Jatco CVT8 Hybrid for Infiniti JX and Nissan Pathfinder
Published April 1, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation of this paper is available
Conflicting customer demands for reduction of CO2 emissions (fuel economy improvement) and enhancement of driving pleasure are continuing to become more rigorous all the time. Against this backdrop, JATCO launched the transmission for hybrid system with Nissan in 2010, followed by the development of a hybrid system for use on a front-wheel-drive midsize SUV in the North American market. Among the various types of hybrid systems proposed to date, this one-motor two-clutch (1M2CL) parallel hybrid system achieves high efficiency with no engine friction loss during the EV mode and energy regeneration. This paper describes the new Jatco CVT8 HYBRID (CVT8 HYBRID), it is newly developed packaging technologies for compactly mounting the 1M2CL parallel hybrid system on front-wheel-drive vehicles.
CitationOsone, T., Seiji, T., Yamamoto, T., and Konagaya, F., "Development of Jatco CVT8 Hybrid for Infiniti JX and Nissan Pathfinder," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-1788, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-1788.
- Osone Tatsuya: Introduction to the HEV transmission for Infiniti M35h, 10th International CTI Symposium, December 2011, Berlin.
- Akasaka Yuuzou, Uehara Hiroki, Fujii Tomoharu: Development of Hybrid Vehicle Components: Dry Multiplate Clutch Housed in Motor and Engine-Start-Noise Reduction Flywheel Damper, 2013 JSAE Annual Congress(Spring).
- Orita Shuichi, Kawai Keisuke, Onoyama Taiichi: Development of new FF hybrid system, 2013 JSAE Annual Congress(Spring).
- Takahashi Tetsuya, Hybridized CVT as innovative 2-pedal transmission, International CTI Symposium, October 2013, China.
- Konagaya Fumihito, Takashi Yamamoto Introduction to the HEV transmission for Infiniti Jx and Nissan Pathfinder 12th International CTI Symposium, December 2013, Berlin.
- Mizuochi Tomoyuki, Shimokawa Youhei, Nakao Keiichi, Oshio Shintaro, Technical introduction related Fuel Economy of Newly Developed CVT Applied to Middle and Large vehicle. 2012 JSAE Annual Congress (Autum).