This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of an Integrated Box SCR System for China IV On-Highway Applications
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
To satisfy China IV emissions regulations, diesel truck manufacturers are striving to meet increasingly stringent Oxides of Nitrogen (NOx) reduction standards. Heavy duty truck manufacturers demand compact urea SCR NOx abatement designs, which integrate injectors, NOx sensors and necessary components on SCR can in order to save packaging space and system cost. To achieve this goal, aftertreatment systems need to be engineered to achieve high conversion efficiencies, low back pressure, no urea deposit risks and good mechanical durability. Initially, a baseline Euro IV Urea SCR system is evaluated because of concerns on severe deposit formation. Systematic enhancements of the design have been performed to enable it to meet multiple performance targets, including emission reduction efficiency and low urea deposit risks via improved reagent mixing, evaporation, and distribution. Acoustic performance has been improved from the baseline system as well.
The optimized system improved ammonia uniformity, eliminated urea deposits, improved NOx conversion efficiency while satisfying existing EU III installation packing space. This development demonstrates that good system performance can be achieved despite the challenges of meeting multifaceted and often-conflicting performance targets. System perspectives combined with assessment and understanding of unique components is critical to achieving aggressive performance targets while reducing development time for urea SCR systems.
|Technical Paper||Aftermarket Catalyst Durability Evaluation|
|Technical Paper||The Influence of a Fibrous Diesel Particulate Trap on the Size Distribution of Emitted Particles|
- Shun Hong Long - Tianjin Yili Automotive Emission Control Co., Ltd.
- Lianhua Tang - Tianjin Yili Automotive Emission Control Co., Ltd.
- Guodong Yan - Tianjin Yili Automotive Emission Control Co., Ltd.
- Ben Niu - Tianjin Yili Automotive Emission Control Co., Ltd.
- Guanyu Zheng - Weichai Power Emissions Solutions Technology Inc.
- Fengshuang Wang - Weichai Power Emissions Solutions Technology Inc.
- Suying Zhang - Weichai Power Emissions Solutions Technology Inc.
- Jianhua Zhang - Weichai Power Emissions Solutions Technology Inc.
- Jianzhong Tao - Weichai Power Emissions Solutions Technology Inc.
CitationLong, S., Tang, L., Yan, G., Niu, B. et al., "Development of an Integrated Box SCR System for China IV On-Highway Applications," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-1539, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-1539.
- Porter , B. , Doyle , D. , Faulkner , S. , Lambert , P. et al. Engine and Catalyst Strategies for 1994 SAE Technical Paper 910604 1991 10.4271/910604
- Moon , S. , and Abo-Seriee , B. C. The spray characteristics of a pressure - swirl injector with various exit planetilts [J] International journal of multiphase flow 2008 34 615 627
- PHAM T. A computer Tool for Spray Modeling Using Langrange Droplet Tracking in a Homogenous Floe Model [d] West Lafayette, IN Purdue University 2000
- Andressi , L. and Ubertini , S. Experimental and numerical analysis of high pressure diesel spray-wall interaction [J] International journal of multiphase flow 2007 33 742 765
- Shah , K. R. Acorelation for laminar hydrodynamic entry length solutions for circular and noncircular ducts [J] Journal of Fluids Eng 1978 100 177 179
- Birkhold , F. , Meingast , U. , Wassermann , P. , Deutschmann , O. Modeling and simulation of the injection of urea-water-solution for automotive SCR DeNOx-systems Appl Catal B Environ 2007 70 119 127
- Zheng , G. , Figen , L. , and Kotrba , A. Development of a Light Vehicle Diesel Aftertreatment System with DOC DPF and Urea SCR International Journal of Powertrain
- Zheng , G. , Fila , A. , Kotrba , A. , and Floyd , R. Investigation of Urea Deposits in Urea SCR Systems for Medium and Heavy Duty Trucks SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-1941 2010 10.4271/2010-01-1941
- Zheng , G. , Sampath , M. , Alcini , W. , Salanta , G. et al. Design Improvements of Urea SCR Mixing for Medium-Duty Trucks SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-1074 2013 10.4271/2013-01-1074
- Zheng , G. and Zhao , Z. Design Optimization of SCR System with Closely Coupled Injector Configurations SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-1546 2014 10.4271/2014-01-1546