This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Novel Approach for Numerical Calculation and Optimization of High-Cycle Fatigue Life under Multi-Axial Loads
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Modern high-cycle fatigue criteria were implemented in structural wind turbine parts using finite element method. As a result of a test carried out for two fatigue criteria, it was concluded that the Dang Van hypothesis has more conservative results than S-N method. The complete algorithm of the fatigue calculation was illustrated by applying the proposed procedures to a wind turbine hub which is subjected to multi-axial, non-proportional and non-constant amplitude high-cycle loadings and then a structural optimization method is used to reduce the weight and moment of inertia of the wind turbine rotor. ANSYS Workbench and nCode design life are used in the structural and fatigue modeling of the hub.
CitationEinolghozati, M., Kankarani Farahani, M., Lari, H., and Bahri, A., "A Novel Approach for Numerical Calculation and Optimization of High-Cycle Fatigue Life under Multi-Axial Loads," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-0968, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-0968.
- Gaier , C. and Dannbauer , H. 2006 An efficient critical plane method for ductile, semi-ductile and brittle materials Oral reference: FT436 Elsevier Ltd
- Mrzyg?d , M. and Zielinski , A. 2006 Numerical implementation of Multi-axial high-cycle fatigue criterion to structural optimization J. Theoretical and applied mechanics 44 3 691 712
- Carpinteri , A. and Spagnoli , A. 2001 Multi-axial high-cycle fatigue criterion for hard metals International Journal of Fatigue 23 135 145
- Pan , W. , Hung , C. and Chen , L. 1999 Fatigue life estimation under multi-axial loadings International Journal of Fatigue 21 3 10
- Varvani-Farahani , A. 2000 A new energy-critical plane parameter for fatigue life assessment of various metallic materials subjected to in-phase and out-of-phase multi-axial fatigue loading conditions International Journal of Fatigue 22 295 305
- Wang , Y. and Yao , W. 2004 Evaluation and comparison of several multi-axial fatigue criteria International Journal of Fatigue 26 17 25
- Woebbeking Mike Germanischer Lloyd Industrial Services GmbH Renewables Certification (GL) Hamburg: Brooktorkai 18 2010
- Vestas V80 1.8/2.0 MW, Technical Specifications/ Main Components
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory WindPACT Turbine Rotor Design Study June 2002 Malcolm D.J. and Hansen A.C.