This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Multi-objective Optimization of the Variable Stiffness Suspension of a Light Bus Based on Artificial Immune Algorithm
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In order to reasonably match the variable stiffness suspension and optimize the ride comfort and stability of a light bus, a virtual prototype model of the light bus was established in Adams-Car. Before the optimization, the tyre mechanical characteristics were tested by using a plate-type tyre tester, then the magic formula model of the tyre (Pac2002) was obtained by means of the global parameter identification method. The vertical vibration of the virtual model was simulated with the simulated B-class road profile, and its handling stability performance was also studied by simulation of the pylon course slalom test and steady static circular test. After that, an optimal method of the variable stiffness suspension was put forward. In the proposed method, the two-level stiffness (k1, k2) and the damping of the rear suspension and the torsional stiffness of the pre and post stabilizer bars were taken as the optimal variables. The Z-direction acceleration RMS of the bus frame, the yaw rate and the roll angle of the bus body were selected as the optimal target. By using an artificial immune algorithm to conduct optimizing calculation, the optimal result of the suspension parameters were obtained. At last, the sample of the light bus suspension was manufactured, and the comparative trials of the vehicle ride comfort and stability were carried out in an automotive proving ground to evaluate the optimization effect. The test results show that the proposed optimization method is right and it can be used for improving the ride comfort and stability of the vehicle with variable stiffness suspension. This also reflects that the joint optimization is a development trend of CAO (Computer-aided Optimization) technology, which has a certain guiding significance to the virtual development and optimization of automobile chassis.
CitationShi, W. and Wang, C., "Multi-objective Optimization of the Variable Stiffness Suspension of a Light Bus Based on Artificial Immune Algorithm," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-0883, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-0883.
- Khajavi Mehrdad N , Bahram Notghi , Golamhassan Paygane Multi objective optimization approach to optimize vehicle ride and handling characteristics World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology 2010 38 580 584
- GEORGIOU Y G. , VERROS G. and NATSIAVAS S. Multi-objective optimization of quarter-car models with a passive or semi-active suspension system Vehicle System Dynamics 2007 45 77 92
- GONÇALVES JOÃO P. C. , AMBRÓSIO JORGE A. C. Road Vehicle Modeling Requirements for Optimization of Ride and Handling Multibody System Dynamics 2005 13 3 23
- Rongshan , Y. , Huang , X. , and Kegang , Z. Investigation of Vehicle Handling and Ride Comfort Oriented Cooperative Optimization SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-0722 2010 10.4271/2010-01-0722
- Luh G C , Chueh C H , Liu W. MOIA:Multi-objective immune algorithm Engineering Optimization 2003 35 2 143 164
- Cruz Cortés N , Coello Coello C. Multiobjective Optimization Using Ideas from the Clonal Selection Principle Proceedings of the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference Berlin springer 2003 2723 158 170
- Coello Coello C , Cruz Cortés N. Solving Multiobjective Optimization Problems Using an Artificial Immune System Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines 2005 6 2 163 190