This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Comparing Laser Welding Technologies with Friction Stir Welding for Production of Aluminum Tailor-Welded Blanks
ISSN: 1946-3979, e-ISSN: 1946-3987
Published April 01, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Hovanski, Y., Carsley, J., Carlson, B., Hartfield-Wunsch, S. et al., "Comparing Laser Welding Technologies with Friction Stir Welding for Production of Aluminum Tailor-Welded Blanks," SAE Int. J. Mater. Manf. 7(3):537-544, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-0791.
- Merklein , M. , Johannes , M. , Lechner , M. , and Kuppert , A. A Review on Tailored Blanks - Production, Applications and Evalaution Journal of Materials Processing Technology 2013 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2013.08.015
- Pallett R. , and Lark R. The use of tailored blanks in the manufacture of construction components Journal of Materials Processing Technology 2001 117 1-2 249 254
- Kinsey , B. Tailor Welded Blanks For Automotive Industry Tailor welded blanks for advanced manufacturing 2011 Woodhead Pub. Cambridge; Philadelphia 164 180
- Eisenmenger , M. , and Szymanski , D. Tailor Welding Coils with the fiber-delivered laser Industrial Laser Solutions for Manufacturing 6 9 Nov Dec 2012
- Kuo , T. , and Lin , H. Effects of pulse level of Nd-YAG laser on tensile properties and formability of laser weldments in automotive aluminum alloys 416 1 281 289 2006
- Barnes , T. , and Pashby , I. Joining techniques for aluminum spaceframes used in automobiles: Part I - solid and liquid phase welding 99 1-3 62 71 2000
- Leitao , C. et al. 2009 Formability of similar and dissimilar friction stir welded AA 5182-H111 and AA 6016-T4 tailored blanks Materials & Design 30 8 3235 3242
- Lee , W. , Chung K. H. , Kim D. , Kim J. , Kim C. , Okamoto K. , Wagoner R. H. , and Chung K. Experimental and Numerical Study on Formability of Friction Stir Welded Twb Sheets Based on Hemispherical Dome Stretch Tests International Journal of Plasticity 25 9 Sep 2009 1626 54
- Miles , M. P. , Melton D. W. , and Nelson T. W. Formability of Friction-Stir-Welded Dissimilar-Aluminum-Alloy Sheets Metallurgical and Materials Transactions a-Physical Metallurgy and Materials Science 36A 12 Dec 2005 3335 42
- GM Worldwide Engineering Standards Material Specification Laser Welded Blanks Fabricated from Sheet Steel GMW16772 2012