This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Accelerated Reliability Testing Method for Electric Vehicle Motor and Battery System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Currently, the interest in accelerated reliability testing (ART) of electric vehicles parts has been increasing. In particular, an electric motor and battery are vital components of battery powered electric vehicles. The electric motor has two major roles, to discharge or charge battery when it is driven or braking. For analyzing the exact behavior mechanism of electric motor and predicting lithium-ion battery cell degradation, new accelerated reliability testing technology is required.
This paper describes the results of research and development in new approach to reliability testing for electric vehicles. The methodology to measure a precise motor output torque of the rotating rotor using telemetry system was provided. The electric energy quantities as well as the used quantities of the electric power were also analyzed. The results of research and development in new approach to reliability testing for electric vehicles were systematized and reflected in development.
|Technical Paper||Low Cost EV Platform for Three Wheeler Electrification Development|
|Technical Paper||Electric Vehicle and Battery Testing at the Electric Vehicle Test Facility|
CitationHa, D., Park, S., and Shin, C., "Development of Accelerated Reliability Testing Method for Electric Vehicle Motor and Battery System," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-0748, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-0748.
- Klyatis Lev M Accelerated Reliability and Durability Testing Technology John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 2012
- Wiczynski Paul D. , Varo Richard G. , Archuleta Steven A. , Galarno Michael J. New Piston Telemetry Applied to Spherical Joint Piston Development SAE Technical Paper 960056 1996 10.4271/960056
- Mukherjee Shankar , Baker Don Thermal Design of High Pressure Ratio Turbocharger Compressor Wheels SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0162 2002 10.4271/2002-01-0162
- Miers Scott A. , Anderson Carl L. , Blough Jason R. , Inal M. Koray Impingement Identification in a High Speed Diesel Engine Using Piston Surface Temperature Measurements SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-1909 2005 10.4271/2005-01-1909
- Suzuki Masatoshi , Ueda Shingo , Watanabe Toshiyasu Real-time Piston Temperature Measurement using Induction Telemetry System SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-1248 2006 10.4271/2006-01-1248
- Clark Kent , Antonevich John , Kemppainen Daniel , Barna Glen Piston Pin Dynamics and Temperature in a C.I. Engine SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0189 2009 10.4271/2009-01-0189
- Groot Jens State-of-Health Estimation of Li-ion Batteries: Cycle Life Test Methods Chalmers University of Technology 2012
- Amine K. , Liu J. , Belharouak I. High-temperature storage and cycling of C-LiFePO4/graphite Li-ion cells Electrochemistry Communications 7 669 673 2005
- Mohammadian S.H. , Aït-Kadi D. , Routhier F. Quantitative accelerated degradation testing: Practical approaches Reliability Engineering and System Safety 2009 10.1016/j.ress.2009.09.009
- Thomas E.V. , Bloom I. , Christophersen J.P. , Battaglia V.S. Statistical methodology for predicting the life of lithium-ion cells via accelerated degradation testing Journal of Power Sources 184 312 317 2008
- Ramasamy R.P. , White R.E. , Popov B.N. Calendar life performance of pouch lithium-ion cells Journal of Power Sources 141 298 306 2005
- Abraham D.P. , Knuth J.L. , Dees D.W. , Bloom I. , Christophersen J.P. Performance degradation of high-power lithium-ion cells-Electrochemistry of harvested electrodes Journal of Power Sources 170 465 475 2007
- Broussely M. , Herreyre S. , Biensan P. , Kasztejna P. , Nechev K. , Staniewicz R.J. Aging mechanism in Li ion cells and calendar life predictions Journal of Power Sources 97-98 13 21 2001
- IEC 62660-1 Electrically propelled road vehicles-Test specification for lithium-ion traction battery packs and systems, Part 1 High power applications 2011
- Wurst Richard L. Engine Torque Measurement Using Telemetry SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-2679 2004 10.4271/2004-01-2679
- Millner , A. Modeling Lithium Ion battery degradation in electric vehicles IEEE 10.1109/CITRES.2010.5619782 2010
- Zhurkov S.N. Kinetic Concept of Strength of Solids Int. J. Fract. Mech. 1 311 323 1965
- Peterson S. , Apt J. , and Whitacre , J Lithium Ion Battery Cell Degradation Resulting from Realistic Vehicle and Vehicle- to Grid Utilization Journal of Power Sources 195 2385 2392 2010