This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Lane Change Maneuver Driving a Car with Reduced Tire Pressure
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The objective of the paper is to present the results of an investigation of the effect of reduced tire pressure on car lateral dynamics in lane change maneuver. The intended aim was attained by performing bench and road tests. The aim of the bench tests was parameterization of the mathematical model of the tested car. The road tests covered the vehicle motion with reduced and no tire pressure on a curvilinear track adequate for bypassing an unexpected appearing obstacle. Next, simulations in PC-Crash were performed, and the results were compared with those obtained in experiments.
|Technical Paper||Tire Asymmetries and Pressure Variations in the Radt/Milliken Nondimensional Tire Model|
|Technical Paper||The Distribution of the Inflation Forces on the Structural Members of a Radial Tire|
CitationZebala, J. and Wach, W., "Lane Change Maneuver Driving a Car with Reduced Tire Pressure," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-0466, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-0466.
- Blythe , W. , Day , T. , and Grimes , W. 3-Dimensional Simulation of Vehicle Response to Tire Blow-outs SAE Technical Paper 980221 1998 10.4271/980221
- Lozia , Z. Simulation Tests of Biaxial Vehicle Motion after a “Tire Blow-Out” SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-0410 2005 10.4271/2005-01-0410
- Robinette , R. and Fay , R. Drag and Steering Effects From Disablements of Run Flat Tires SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-1316 2000 10.4271/2000-01-1316
- Robinette , R. , Deering , D. , and Fay , R. Drag and Steering Effects of Under Inflated and Deflated Tires SAE Technical Paper 970954 1997 10.4271/970954
- Bixel , R. , Heydinger , G. , Durisek , N. , Guenther , D. et al. Developments in Vehicle Center of Gravity and Inertial Parameter Estimation and Measurement SAE Technical Paper 950356 1995 10.4271/950356
- BN-90/3615- /06, Project of standard Motor Vehicle. Stability and Steerability. Lane Change Maneuver and Going a Car into a Bend
- Andreatta , D. , Bixel , R., A. , Guenther , D., A. An Analysis of the Time to Deflate a Ruptured Tire Accident Reconstruction Journal 17 6 November December 2007
- Regulation No. 13 (UNECE), Uniform provisions concerning the approval of vehicles of categories M, N and O with regard to braking
- www.racelogic.co.uk 2013
- Rill , G. Simulation von Kraftfahrzeugen Vieweg & Sohn Verlagsgesellschaft Braunschweig/Wiesbaden 1994
- Brach , R. and Brach , R. Tire Models for Vehicle Dynamic Simulation and Accident Reconstruction SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0102 2009 10.4271/2009-01-0102
- Wach , W. Simulation of Vehicle Accidents using PC-Crash Institute of Forensic Research Publishers Krakow 2011
- Zebala , J. , Wach , W. , Ciepka , P. , Janczur , R. et al. Verification of ABS Models Applied in Programs for Road Accident Simulation SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 3 1 72 99 2010 10.4271/2010-01-0070
- Hirschberg , W. , Rill , G. , Weinfurter , H. User-Appropriate Tyre-Modelling for Vehicle Dynamics in Standard and Limit Situations Vehicle System Dynamics 2002 38 2 103 125
- MacAdam , C., C. , Fancher , P., S. , Hu , G., T. , Gillespie , T., D. A Computerized Model for Simulating the Braking and Steering Dynamics of Trucks Tractor-Semitrailers, Doubles and Triples Combination - User's Manual Highway Safety Research Institute University of Michigan Report No. UM-HSRI-80-58 1980