This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Lane Change Maneuver Driving a Car with Reduced Tire Pressure
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The objective of the paper is to present the results of an investigation of the effect of reduced tire pressure on car lateral dynamics in lane change maneuver. The intended aim was attained by performing bench and road tests. The aim of the bench tests was parameterization of the mathematical model of the tested car. The road tests covered the vehicle motion with reduced and no tire pressure on a curvilinear track adequate for bypassing an unexpected appearing obstacle. Next, simulations in PC-Crash were performed, and the results were compared with those obtained in experiments.
CitationZebala, J. and Wach, W., "Lane Change Maneuver Driving a Car with Reduced Tire Pressure," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-0466, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-0466.
- Blythe, W., Day, T., and Grimes, W., “3-Dimensional Simulation of Vehicle Response to Tire Blow-outs,” SAE Technical Paper 980221, 1998, doi:10.4271/980221.
- Lozia, Z., “Simulation Tests of Biaxial Vehicle Motion after a “Tire Blow-Out”,” SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-0410, 2005, doi:10.4271/2005-01-0410.
- Robinette, R. and Fay, R., “Drag and Steering Effects From Disablements of Run Flat Tires,” SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-1316, 2000, doi:10.4271/2000-01-1316.
- Robinette, R., Deering, D., and Fay, R., “Drag and Steering Effects of Under Inflated and Deflated Tires,” SAE Technical Paper 970954, 1997, doi:10.4271/970954.
- Bixel, R., Heydinger, G., Durisek, N., Guenther, D. et al., “Developments in Vehicle Center of Gravity and Inertial Parameter Estimation and Measurement,” SAE Technical Paper 950356, 1995, doi:10.4271/950356.
- BN-90/3615- /06, Project of standard: “Motor Vehicle. Stability and Steerability. Lane Change Maneuver and Going a Car into a Bend”
- Andreatta, D., Bixel, R., A., Guenther, D., A., “An Analysis of the Time to Deflate a Ruptured Tire”, Accident Reconstruction Journal, Vol 17, No.6, November/December 2007
- Regulation No. 13 (UNECE), Uniform provisions concerning the approval of vehicles of categories M, N and O with regard to braking
- www.racelogic.co.uk, 2013
- Rill, G., “Simulation von Kraftfahrzeugen”, Vieweg & Sohn Verlagsgesellschaft, Braunschweig/Wiesbaden 1994.
- Brach, R. and Brach, R., “Tire Models for Vehicle Dynamic Simulation and Accident Reconstruction,” SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0102, 2009, doi:10.4271/2009-01-0102.
- Wach, W., “Simulation of Vehicle Accidents using PC-Crash”, Institute of Forensic Research Publishers, Krakow 2011
- Zebala, J., Wach, W., Ciepka, P., Janczur, R. et al., “Verification of ABS Models Applied in Programs for Road Accident Simulation,” SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 3(1):72-99, 2010, doi:10.4271/2010-01-0070.
- Hirschberg, W., Rill, G., Weinfurter, H., “User-Appropriate Tyre-Modelling for Vehicle Dynamics in Standard and Limit Situations”, Vehicle System Dynamics 2002, Vol. 38, No. 2, 103-125.
- MacAdam, C., C., Fancher, P., S., Hu, G., T., Gillespie, T., D., “A Computerized Model for Simulating the Braking and Steering Dynamics of Trucks”, Tractor-Semitrailers, Doubles and Triples Combination - User's Manual, Highway Safety Research Institute, University of Michigan Report No. UM-HSRI-80-58, 1980.