This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Structural Optimization with Contact Constraints Applied to the Design of Automatic Transmission of Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A design process to improve the structural performance under contact conditions of automatic transmission of vehicles is presented.
The proposed process uses newly developed nonlinear contact optimization techniques. Additionally, useful structural optimization techniques such as 3D topography and the beta method are described. As a demonstrative problem, we consider the improvement of a 6- speed AISIN FWD automatic transmission which is subjected to static loadings and nonlinear contact conditions.
|Technical Paper||Robust Optimization of Vehicle Crashboxes|
|Technical Paper||Simulations of Drag Torque in Multi-Plate Wet Clutch Affecting Synchronizers in a TC+AMT Transmission|
CitationKitajima, H., Ide, T., Leiva, J., Watson, B. et al., "Structural Optimization with Contact Constraints Applied to the Design of Automatic Transmission of Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-0407, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-0407.
- Ide , T. , Kitajima , H. , Leiva , J. , and Watson , B. Reduction of Mass and Sound Pressure for Automatic Transmission Using Topography Optimization SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0774 2012 10.4271/2012-01-0774
- Herskovits , J. , Leontiev , A. , Dias , G. , & Santos , G. 2000 Contact shape optimization: a bilevel programming approach Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization 20 3 214 22
- Yi , S. I. , Lee , H. A. , & Park , G. J. 2011 Optimization of a structure with contact conditions using equivalent loads Journal of mechanical science and technology 25 3 773 782
- GENESIS User's Manual Version 12.2 2012 Vanderplaats Research & Development, Inc. Colorado
- Schmit L.A. , Farshi B. 1974 Some approximation concepts for structural synthesis AIAA J. 12 5 692 699
- Vanderplaats G.N. 2011 Multidiscipline design optimization Vanderplaats Research & Development, Inc. Colorado
- DOT User's Manual Version 6.0 2011 Vanderplaats Research & Development, Inc. Colorado
- Vanderplaats , G. N. 2004 August Very large scale continuous and discrete variable optimization Proc. 10th AIAA/ISSMO Multidisciplinary Analysis and Optimization Conference Albany, NY, USA
- Timoshenko , S. and Goodier , J. N. Theory of Elasticity 3 rd 409 421 McGraw-Hill New York 1970
- Leiva , J.P. Method for Generating Perturbation Vector for Topography Optimization of Structure 5th World Congress of Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization Venice, Italy May 19 23 2003
- Vanderplaats , G.N. Numerical Optimization Techniques for Engineering Design : With Applications 2007
- Taylor , J.E. and Bendsøe , M. An Interpretation for Min-max Structural Design Problems Including a Method for Relaxing Constraints Int. J. Solids Structures 20 4 301 314 1984