This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Study on an Integrated System to Measure and Analyze Customer Vehicle Usage Monitoring through a Smartphone
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 01, 2014 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Customer vehicle usage monitoring is one of the most fundamental elements to consider in the process of developing a durable vehicle.
The extant method to research customer vehicle usage takes considerable time and effort because it requires attaching a series of sensors to the vehicle-gyroscope, accelerometer, microphone, and GPS-to gather information through data logs and then to analyze data in a computer where designated analyzing software has been installed.
To solve the problem, this paper introduces a new concept of integrated system developed to examine customer vehicle usage that can analyze data by collecting it from a variety of sensors installed on a smartphone.
CitationPark, S., Jung, W., Shin, C., and Jung, J., "A Study on an Integrated System to Measure and Analyze Customer Vehicle Usage Monitoring through a Smartphone," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-0183, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4271/2014-01-0183.
- Bodensohn, A., Haueis, M., Mackel, R., Pulvermuller, M. and Schreiber, T., “System Monitoring for Lifetime Prediction in Automotive Industry,” Advanced Microsystems for Automotive Application, pp. 149-158, 2005.
- Im, H., Sung, W., Hwang, W. and Ichiro, K., “Modeling of Roads for Vehicle Simulation Using GIS Map Data,” Int. J. Precis. Eng. Manuf., Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 3-7, 2005.
- Kang, D., Park, K., Heo, S., Ryu, Y. and Jeong, J., “Development and Application of VPG Simulation Technique based on Equivalent Virtual Road Profile,” Int. J. Precis. Eng. Manuf., Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 265-272, 2010.
- Kim, G., Kang, S., Lee, Y., Park, S. and Jung, W., “Study on durability and reliability of strut type suspension noise based on experimental methods,” Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 21-29, 2012.
- Ensor, D., “Customer Correlation and Accelerated Proving,” SAE Technical Paper 990047, 1999, doi:10.4271/990047.
- Tai, T. C., Chan, C. W. and Hsu, J. Y. J., “Automatic road anomaly detection using smart mobile device,” Proceedings of the Conference on Technologies and Applications of Artificial Intelligence TAAI2010, 2010.
- Spelta, C., Manzoni, V., Corti, A., Goggi, A. and Savaresi, S. M., “Smartphone-Based Vehicle-to-Driver/Environment Interaction System for Motorcycles,” Embedded Systems Letters, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 39-42, 2010.
- Johnson D. A. and Trivedi, M. M., “Driving Style Recognition Using a Smartphone as a Sensor Platform,” 14th International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, pp. 1609-1615, 2011.
- Ghose, A., Biswas, P., Bhaumik, C., Sharma, M., Pal, A. and Jha, A., “Road Condition Monitoring and Alert Application Using In-Vehicle Smartphone as Internet-Connected Sensor,” PerCom Demos, pp. 489-491, 2012.
- Dardanelli, A., Tanelli, M., Picasso, B., Savaresi, S. M., Tanna, O. di and Santucci, M. D., “A Smartphone-in-the- Loop Active State-of-Charge Manager for Electric Vehicles,” Transactions on Mechatronics, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 454-463, 2012.
- Durach, S., Higgen, U. and Huebler, M., “Smart Automotive Apps: An Approach to Context-Driven Applications,” Proceeding of the FISITA 2012 World Automotive Congress, pp. 187-195, 2013.
- Rupp, A., Masieri, A., and Dornbusch, T., “Efficient Monitoring of Loads and Stresses Under Service and Test Conditions,” SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-3563, 2005, doi:10.4271/2005-01-3563.
- Daniel, R., Brooks, T., and Pates, D., “Analysis of US and EU Drive Styles to Improve Understanding of Market Usage and the Effects on OBD Monitor IUMPR,” SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0236, 2009, doi:10.4271/2009-01-0236.
- Bosch, R., “Automotive Handbook 8th Edtion,” Robert Bentley Publisher, 2011.
- Ackermann, J., “Robust Car Steering by Yaw Rate Control,” Proceedings of the 29th Conference on Decision and Control, 1990.
- Anzai, H. and Endo, T., “On-Site Indication of Fatigue Damage under Complex Loading,” International Journal of Fatigue, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 49-57, 1979.
- Downing, S. D. and Socie, D. F., “Simple Rainflow Counting Algorithms,” International Journal of Fatigue, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 31-40, 1982.
- Rychlik, I., “A New Definition of the Rainflow Cycle Counting Method,” International Journal of Fatigue, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 119-121, 1987.