This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Anti-Collision Fuzzy Logic System for Automobile Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 07, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
From simple collisions to major tragedies, car accidents happen every day. Automobile industry has been investing a lot in security systems (e.g., airbags, ABS brakes, vehicle proximity warning systems). However, drivers are still the ones who have to act in order to avoid collisions, by using the brakes or maneuvering the car.
The purpose of this project is to develop an anti-collision logic that can be used on automobile vehicles to avoid collisions with both static and moving objects by interfering on the vehicle behavior. The control system is based on a fuzzy modeled controller using the MATLAB and Simulink tools from Math Works.
The prototype chosen to test the logic was the Robotino, a mobile robot system made by Festo Didactic, and used for educational, training and research purposes. Robotino is able to integrate to Simulink tool natively, and provides out-of-the-box sensors and actuators, so the developers are able to focus the efforts on the software itself.
Integrated simulations were done using FESTO Robotino Simulator to validate whether the proposed system meets the objectives or not.
|Technical Paper||Driving Simulation — Requirements, Mechanization and Application|
|Technical Paper||Smart Rain-Light-Tunnel Sensor|
|Technical Paper||Introduction to CAN Calibration Protocol|
- Alessandro Cezar Pinto - Methodist University of São Paulo
- Cleber Willian Gomes - Methodist University of São Paulo
- Daiane de Lima Dantas de Souza - Methodist University of São Paulo
- Diogo Pereira da Silva - Methodist University of São Paulo
- Geovanni Vezzaro Mattioli - Methodist University of São Paulo
CitationPinto, A., Gomes, C., de Souza, D., da Silva, D. et al., "Anti-Collision Fuzzy Logic System for Automobile Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 2013-36-0651, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-36-0651.
- Barrow , Keith India trials Train Collision Avoidance System October 24 2012 http://www.railjournal.com/index.php/signalling/india-trials-train-collision-avoidance-system.html April 01 2013
- Festo® Didactic Festo Didactic April 2010 http://www.festo-didactic.com/ov3/media/customers/1100/robotinoview2m anual_en.pdf April 05 2013
- Ford Motors Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Warning with Brake Support http://media.ford.com/images/10031/Adaptive_Cruise.pdf May 01 2013
- Hoganson , Kenneth Concepts In Computing Jones & Bartlett Learning 2008
- Sivanandam S. N. , Sumathi S. and Deepa S. N. Introduction to Fuzzy Logic using MATLAB Springer 2007