This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Innovation on Central Wheel Nut to Racing Prototype Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 07, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The main characteristics required when fastening racing cars wheel are the resistance to self-loosening plus high-speed to assembling and disassembling of the wheel. To attend these two contradictory characteristics, it is necessary to develop differentiated fastening solutions.
This work presents a new concept of fastening central wheel nuts for racing cars with improved fastening efficiency regard safety and assembly speed in comparison to the current fastening. The new wheel nut was designed and validated through analytical and FEM analysis as well as real tests.
|Technical Paper||A Study on Various Structural Concepts of Automotive Door Trim|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Biaxial Wheel Fatigue Test|
|Technical Paper||Static and Modal Analysis of a Leaf Spring Assembly Using Contact Nonlinear 3D Finite Element Approach|
CitationSigoli, P., de Souza, M., and Savoy, J., "Innovation on Central Wheel Nut to Racing Prototype Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2013-36-0472, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-36-0472.
- Sigoli, P. C., De Souza, M. M., Savoy, J. and Silva, M. A. “An innovative solution to assembly conical roller bearings on wheel hubs” SAE Technical Paper 2010-36-0471, 2010, doi:10.4271/2010-36-0471.
- METALAC SPC, “Comportamento das juntas rigidamente fixadas por parafusos” printed handout, Sorocaba, 2011.
- Motoshi, N. “Development of design charts for bolts preloaded up to plastic range” Journal of Engineering for Industry, 1976.
- Bickford, J.H. “Introduction the Design and Behavior of Bolted Joints” CRC Press Taylor & Francis Group, 2008.
- Donato, G. H. B. “Análise Estrutural do Veículo” printed handout of FEI Fundação Educacional Inaciana, 2011.