This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Basic Study of Shift System for Manual Transmission
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 07, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
One of the most important aspects in a vehicle is the driving comfort, thus shift system for manual transmission also has the responsibility for theses aspects. The shift system is a special part for manual transmission where are responsible for the connection between the driver and the car speed, traditionally gear shift is performed by disengaging the clutch, engaging neutral gear, shifting to a new gear, and engaging the clutch again, in a manual transmission the driver can move the gearshift lever transversally to select and longitudinally to engage the gear. This paper will present a research and the function of the shift system components. An overview about the transmission system especially the gear shift will be made, soon this work contributes to the development of new shift gear and also to allow comparison of the systems currently in use.
CitationBueno, A., Silva, L., and Silva, R., "Basic Study of Shift System for Manual Transmission," SAE Technical Paper 2013-36-0454, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-36-0454.
- Lechner , G. and Naunheimer H. Automotive Transmissions - Fundamentals, Selection, Design and Application Feb 1999
- Mogre , M. R. Comparative study between automatic and manual transmission car Oct 2012
- Kim J. , Park S. , Seok C. , Sun D. , Lim C. , Kim J. and Kim H. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering Jul 2003
- Looman , J. Zahnradgetriebe Grundlagen, Konstruktionen, Anwendungen in Fahrzeugen 1996
- INA catalogue Detent pins for Automotive Transmissions 2007
- INA catalogue Rolling bearings for rotary and limited linear motion 2007
- Delgado Neto , G. et. al. Kit de Motorização para Cadeiras de Rodas Manuais V National Congress of Mechanical Enginnering 2008
- Pahl , G. et. al. Engineering Design: a Systematic Approach Third Springer 2007
- Fukuchi , H. Gear-Shift Mechanism for manual transmission Toyota Jidosha Kabushiki Kaisha Japan United States Patent, number 4.601.214 1986
- Jazar , R. N. Vehicle Dynamics: Theory and Application Springer 2008