This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Communication Protocols Analysis for Automotive Diagnostic: KWP2000, J1939 and UDS
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 07, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The increasing application of embedded electronic components in vehicles brings the need to use diagnostic systems for track and control of parameters.
Development, manufacturing and after-sales are all fields that use diagnostic systems' help to execute their tasks.
Applying communication protocols such as KWP2000, SAEJ1939/73 and UDS makes diagnostic device and automotive network communicate to each other according to standards.
This work aims to present an overview about a few communication protocols for diagnostic and services, by showing their specific tools and applications.
CitationPegorer, H., Júnior, J., and Santos, M., "Communication Protocols Analysis for Automotive Diagnostic: KWP2000, J1939 and UDS," SAE Technical Paper 2013-36-0248, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-36-0248.
- ISO 14229-1 up to 7 - Road Vehicles - Unified diagnostic services (UDS) - ISO/TC 22/SC 3 - Electrical and electronic equipment
- ISO 9141 - Road vehicles - Diagnostic Systems - Requirements for interchange of digital information
- ISO 14230-1 up to 4 - Keyword Protocol 2000 (KWP2000) - ISO/TC 22/SC 3 - Electrical and electronic equipment
- ISO 15765-3 - Road vehicles - Diagnostics on CAN - Part 3: Implementation of diagnostic services
- ISO 15765-2 - Road vehicles - Diagnostics on CAN - Part 2: Network layer services
- ISO 15765-1 - Road vehicles - Diagnostics on CAN - Part 1: General Information
- ISO 11898-1 up to 7 - Road vehicles - Interchange of digital information - Controller Area Network (CAN) - ISO/TC 22/SC 3 - Electrical and electronic equipment
- SAE J1939/73 Diagnostic
- SAE J1587/ J1708 protocol