This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Evaluation Method for Motorcycle Mode Fuel Consumption using a One-Dimensional Engine Simulation
Published October 15, 2013 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Annotation ability available
Motorcycle has broad spectrum of developments, such as excellent engine performance, low fuel consumption, emission and noise reduction. As global warming become a serious issue internationally, reduction of fuel consumption is especially of importance.
In this study, an evaluation method for the WMTC mode fuel consumption using a one-dimensional engine simulation is investigated. The fuel consumption for the WMTC mode can be predicted in a short time without a complicated vehicle model to simulate transient behavior. The proposed method mostly showed good agreement with measured data for middle-class motorcycle using a chassis dynamometer.
- Masahito Saitou - Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Kenji Inoue - Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Motohiko Nishimura - Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Hidekazu Iwasaki - Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Takashi Yoshiyama - Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Atsushi Hisano - Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Daisuke Sakou - Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
CitationSaitou, M., Inoue, K., Nishimura, M., Iwasaki, H. et al., "Evaluation Method for Motorcycle Mode Fuel Consumption using a One-Dimensional Engine Simulation," SAE Technical Paper 2013-32-9162, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-32-9162.
- Nonaka Y, et al. Gas flow simulation and visualization in cylinder of motor-cycle engine Proc. of SETC, 2004-32-0004(SAE) 2004
- Arisawa H, et al. Application of oil dynamics simulation to motorcycle oilpans Proc. of SETC, 2005-32-0011(SAE) 2005
- Nishimura M, et al. Numerical Predictions for Can Type Muffler of a Motorcycle Proc. of SETC,2007-32-0091