This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of an Novel Non-Eccentric Rotational Engine “Ishino Engine”(Fundamental Configuration and Characteristics)
Published October 15, 2013 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Annotation ability available
A novel rotational internal combustion engine is invented and investigated. In this engine, no eccentric rotational component is used, resulting in vibration-free operation. For this characteristics, this engine will be suitable for usage in silent environment, e.g. co-generation house plant, handy-usage and so on. The engine mainly consists of a rotor casing and two types of rotor; cycloid rotor and trochoid rotor. The shape of the cycloid rotor is characterized by epicycloid surface and lobes, and the trochoid rotor also superior-epitrochoid surface and concaves. As mentioned above, fundamental process of intake, compression, ignition, expansion and exhaust for working gas is automatically performed by the constant speed rotation of both of rotors. In this paper, first, the typical configuration including two designing procedure of the rotors are described in detail. Next the cyclic behavior of the working process is explained. Furthermore the design drawing of the prototype engine is given. The time variations of chamber volume and pressure of typical configuration of the prototype engine are estimated. Also the comparison in engine compactness and compression ratio is made for another types of engine.
CitationIshino, Y., Teshima, K., Fujii, H., Yamamoto, Y. et al., "Development of an Novel Non-Eccentric Rotational Engine “Ishino Engine”(Fundamental Configuration and Characteristics)," SAE Technical Paper 2013-32-9084, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-32-9084.
- Hege J.B. The Wankel Rotary Engine. A History 2002 31
- Jyong-Ho Y. , Yasunaga Y. , Itonaka R. , Ito T. , Ueki S. Understanding of The. Combustion Characteristics of Rotary. Engine through Combustion Analysis Proceedings of COMODIA 2012 585
- Ishino Y. , Teshima K. and Saiki Y. Study on Novel Rotational I.C. Engine Proceedings of the Conference of Tokai Branch of JSME, 123-1, No.412 2012 1 2
- Teshima K. , Yamamoto Y. , Fujii H. and Ishino Y. Fundamental Configuration and Characteristics of Novel Special-Surface Non-eccentric Rotor Engine “Ishino Engine” Proceeding of JSAE 91-12 2012 13 18
- Ishino Y. , Teshima K. , Fujii H. and Yamamoto Y. Research and Development of Non-Eccentric I.C engine “Ishino Engine” (Fundamental Configuration and Characteristics) Proceedings of The 23rd Internal Combustion Engine Symposium, C1-10 2012
- Teshima K. , Fujii H. , Yamamoto Y. and Ishino Y. Development of Non-eccentric Rotor IC Engine “Ishino Engine” (Configuration Consists of Two Types of Special-Curved Surface Rotors and Variation Process of Working Space Volume) Proceedings of Thermal Engineering Conference'12 of JSME 2012 67 68
- Teshima K. , Yamamoto Y. , Fujii H. , Saiki Y. and Ishino Y. Development of Novel Non-eccentric I.C engine “Ishino Engine” with Cycloid Rotor and Trochoid Rotor-Fundamental Configuration and Process of Volume Change- Proceedings of the 50th Symposium (Japanese) on Combustion 2012 336 337