This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Light Duty Diesel Exhaust Gas After Treatment Challenges and Technologies for Post BS-IV Regulations
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 09, 2013 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
With the implementation of Emissions Stage 5 in Europe all passenger cars with diesel engines need after treatment systems with Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF). Therefore Indian post BS-IV regulations are expectedto force the introduction of DPFs for the Indian domestic market as well. In this paper a new low porosity Aluminum Titanate (AT) DPF generation is discussed and how this new product family can help address specific requirements for the Indian market. Two new technologies of the DuraTrap®AT DPFs complement the existing portfolio. One technology has an increased soot mass limit, the second new product significantly reduces the pressure drop over the filter.
CitationRose, D., Jamison, J., Boger, T., and Kataria, R., "Light Duty Diesel Exhaust Gas After Treatment Challenges and Technologies for Post BS-IV Regulations," SAE Technical Paper 2013-26-0051, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-26-0051.
- Ogunwumi S B et al Aluminum Titanate Compositions for Diesel Particulate Filters SAE 2005-01-0583 2005 10.4271/2005-01-0583
- Boger T et al Evaluation of New Diesel Particulate Filters MTZ 66 2005 9
- Heibel A et al. Performance and Durability Evaluation of the New Corning DuraTrap® AT Diesel Particulate Filter - Results from Engine Bench and Vehicle Tests 14. Aachener Kolloquium Fahrzeug und Motorentechnik 193 218 2005
- Kercher L et al Application of a New Filter Material in Volkswagen's Diesel Particulate Filter Systems 3rd Emission Control Conference Dresden 2006
- Boger , T. , Rose , D. , Tilgner , I. , and Heibel , A. Regeneration Strategies for an Enhanced Thermal Management of Oxide Diesel Particulate Filters SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr. 1 1 162 172 2009 10.4271/2008-01-0328
- Young D M et al Ash Storage Concept for Diesel Particulate Filters SAE 2004-01-0948 2004 10.4271/2004-01-0948