This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Definition of Slippage Parameters of Friction Clutches for Different Installation Versions in Tractor Gearboxes
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 27, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: 8th SAEINDIA International Mobility Conference & Exposition and Commercial Vehicle Engineering Congress 2013 (SIMCOMVEC)
The aim of the work is to present the methodology for calculating the slippage parameters of friction clutches (the work and the time of slippage) for different installation options of such clutches in tractor gearboxes, and of the tractor acceleration time at different degrees of gear overlap. The authors suggest a universal diagram of tractor acceleration at gear shifting at different degrees of gear overlap in the gearbox, which is true for any interrelation of the times of gearing and slippage of the friction clutch. Based on the mathematical model of the tractor acceleration, suggested by the authors, a methodology was developed for calculating the slippage parameters of friction clutches (the work and the time of slippage) for a variety of installation options of such clutches in the gearbox during gear shifting with varying overlap degrees and the acceleration time of the tractor unit at each gear. The developed universal mathematical model allows defining - at the design stage of gearboxes with friction clutches - the time and work of their slippage, as well as the tractor acceleration time, making it possible to create reliable designs of friction clutches and gearboxes based thereon.
CitationSharipov, V. and Dmitriev, M., "Definition of Slippage Parameters of Friction Clutches for Different Installation Versions in Tractor Gearboxes," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-2894, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-2894.
- Lvovskiy, K. Ya. “Study of Processes of Gear Shifting under Load in Tractor Transmissions”. Thesis of Candidate of Technical Sciences: 276, 1970.
- Sharipov, V.M., Dmitriev, M. I, Zenin, A. S., Savkin, Ya. V. “Work of gearing in gearbox at gear shifting without breaking the power flow from the engine”. Engineering Journal (11): 8-15, 2010.
- Sharipov, V. M., Dmitriev, M. I., Kryuchkov, V. A. Loading of friction clutches and synchronizers in gearboxes. - Saarbrücken: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG: 122, 2012.
- Sharipov, V. M, Gorodetskiy, K. I., Dmitriev, M. I. et al. “Mathematical model of gear shifting by means of friction clutches”. Gazette of the MSTU “MAMI”. Scientific Reviewed Journal, 1 (13): 112-121, 2012.
- Sharipov, V. M., Gorodetskiy, K. I., Dmitriev, M. I. et al. “Gear shifting in tractor gearbox without breaking the power flow”. Tractors and Agrarian Machines (5):19-23, 2012.
- Dmitriev M., Sharipov V. “Definition of Slippage Parameters of Friction Clutches in Gear-boxes with Fixed Shaft Axles”./ Proceedings and Abstracts of FISITA 2012 World AuMTUotive Congress, November 27-30, 2012, Beijing, China: 361-362, 2012.
- Ananyin, A. D. “Study of power loading of the clutch of a wheeled tractor at take-off of a high-speed tractor operated machinery”. Thesis of Candidate of Technical Sciences: 156, 1972.
- Chunikhin, V. I. “Study of service life of friction pairs of tractor clutches, and certain ways to improve it”. Thesis of Candidate of Technical Sciences: 204, 1977.
- Petrenko, V. A. “Study of operation modes of energy intensive tractor clutches”. Thesis of Candidate of Technical Sciences: 181, 1973.
- Zakharov, V. E. “Study of loading and parts wear, and clarification of methods of bench tests of tractor clutches”. Thesis of Candidate of Technical Sciences: 210, 1981.
- Shapiro, E. M., Ivanov, V. M., Sokolov, L. P. et al. “Evaluation of work of friction of friction clutch in hydro-mechanical and mechanical transmissions of Class 3 plowing wheeled tractor at take-off”. Tractors and Agrarian Machines (8): 12-13, 1979.