This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Local Non-Linear Analysis of Heavy Commercial Truck Chassis Assembly Using Sub-Modeling Technique
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 27, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: 8th SAEINDIA International Mobility Conference & Exposition and Commercial Vehicle Engineering Congress 2013 (SIMCOMVEC)
Linear static analysis of heavy commercial truck chassis assembly has become an industry practice during the concept stage evaluation. Non-linear analysis of chassis is rarely performed due to computational time and resource constraints. However, linear assumptions might not be appropriate for certain regions in the chassis assembly. In this paper, sub-modeling technique is applied for solving specific regions in the full chassis assembly to capture the actual boundary information for local non-linear analysis without intervention of user.
CitationDasi, S. and Mariappan, B., "Local Non-Linear Analysis of Heavy Commercial Truck Chassis Assembly Using Sub-Modeling Technique," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-2780, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-2780.
- HARIDAS P.T Structural Non-linear Finite Element Analysis of Bolted Chassis Frame of a Tractor MS Thesis IIT Madras July 2013
- ANGEL MARTÍNEZ AJA Sub-Modeling Techniques for Static Analysis MSC Software First South European Technology Conference 7 9 June 2000
- GUYAN R. J. Reduction of stiffness and mass matrices AIAA Journal 3 2 1965 380 380
- MSC / Nastran reference manual
- Altair Hyper works 11.0 user manual