This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development and Verification of Electronic Braking System ECU Software for Commercial Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 27, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: 8th SAEINDIA International Mobility Conference & Exposition and Commercial Vehicle Engineering Congress 2013 (SIMCOMVEC)
Electronic braking system (EBS) of commercial vehicle is developed from ABS to enhance the brake performance. Based on the early development of controller hardware, this paper starts with an analysis of the definition of EBS. It aims at the software design of electronic control unit, and makes it compiled into the controller in the form of C language by the in-depth study about control strategy of EBS in different braking conditions. Designed controller software is divided into two layers. The upper control strategy includes the recognition algorithm of driver's braking intention, estimation algorithm of the vehicle state, conventional braking strategy which consists of the algorithm of deceleration control and braking force distribution, and emergency braking strategy which consists of the algorithm of brake assist control and ABS control. Lower control strategy includes feed-forward compensation and PID control of proportional relay valve, on-off control of axle modulator, on-off control of axle modulator of ABS solenoid valve and the design of CAN communication. Based on the hardware-in-the-loop simulation test-bed, this paper conducts EBS hardware-in-the-loop simulation tests in different conditions. The test conditions consist of loaded conventional brake, unloaded conventional brake, loaded emergency brake, unloaded emergency brake. The test results show that the control strategy in different conditions can achieve the expected result. Experimental work confirms that the designed software can be used as the basis of the product development.
CitationZhang, D., Zong, C., Yang, S., and Zhao, W., "Development and Verification of Electronic Braking System ECU Software for Commercial Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-2736, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-2736.
- Yang Shengnan and; Zong Changfu Development and HIL Validation of Electronic Braking System ECU for Commercial Vehicle Master Graduate Dissertation JinLin University
- Guo Yuping Design of Braking System for Truck ChangChun JinLin University 2011
- Ju Wang Analysis and Simulation for Automobile Brake System NanJing Nanjing University of Science and Technology 2002
- Yu Zhisheng Theory of Automobile BeiJing China Machine Press 2009
- Guo Jingang , Wang Junping , Cao Binggang Study on braking force distribution of electric vehicles IEEE 27 31 March 2009
- Meng Shuxing Study of automobile braking force distribution optimization and braking performance computer simulation HeFei Hefei University of Technology 2003
- Yuan Huang , Peng Xiaoyan and Zhen Tan Study and Simulation of Brake Force Distribution Method for Brake-by-wire System computer simulation 2011 28 10 324 327
- Hu Xiaobing and Huang Xiyue Ant algorithms for Optimization and Application computer simulation 2004 21 5 81 85
- Du Tianqiang , Li Haibin and Kun Wang Application Status of Break Assist System Automotive Engineer 2011 4 52 55
- Breuer Joerg J , Faulhaber Andreas , Frank Peter et al. Real world safety benefits of brake assistance systems Mercedes Car Group
- Gu Jiayun Study on CAN Communication of Electronic Brake System for Commercial Vehicle ChangChun JinLin University 2007