This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Performance Investigation of Series-Parallel Type PHEV Using Virtual Integrated Development Environment
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 14, 2013 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this study, design procedure and performance of a series-parallel type plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) are investigated using the virtual integrated development environment (VIDE). First, the powertrain model of the target PHEV is constructed using the provided component library in the VIDE. Component parameters are determined based on the objective vehicle performance such as the maximum speed, hill climbing ability, acceleration performance etc. In addition, control algorithm and a full car simulator are developed for the target PHEV. The VIDE full car simulator is validated by AVL CRUISE software. Using the VIDE simulator, performance of the PHEV component and mode control algorithm are investigated and modifications on design parameters and mode control algorithm are proposed to improve the fuel economy.
|Technical Paper||Thermal Model Development and Validation for 2010 Toyota Prius|
|Journal Article||Automated Model Initialization Using Test Data|
|Technical Paper||Cummins Vehicle Mission Simulation Tool: Software Architecture and Applications|
CitationMa, C., Lee, S., Shin, H., Song, M. et al., "Performance Investigation of Series-Parallel Type PHEV Using Virtual Integrated Development Environment," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-2582, 2013, https://doi.org/10.4271/2013-01-2582.
- Situ L. Electric Vehicle Development: The past, Present & Future 3rd International Conference on Power. Electronics Systems and Applications, K210509135 2009
- Pourabdollah M. , Murgovski N. , Grauers A. and Egrdt B. Optimal Sizing of a Parallel PHEV Powertrain IEEE Vehicular Technology Society 2013
- Li Y. and Kar N. Investigating the Effects of Power Split PHEV Transmission Gear Ratio to Operating Cost Transportation Electrification Conference and Expo (ITEC) 2013
- Zhang S. , Wu G. , and Zheng S. Study on the Energy Management Strategy of DCT-based Series-parallel PHEV International Conference on Computing, Control and Industrial Engineering 2010
- Moura S. , Fathy H. , Callaway D. and Stein J. IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology 19 3 2011
- Higuchi , N. , Sunaga , Y. , Tanaka , M. , and Shimada , H. Development of a New Two-Motor Plug-In Hybrid System SAE Int. J. Alt. Power. 2 1 135 145 2013 10.4271/2013-01-1476
- Yonekawa , A. , Ueno , M. , Watanabe , O. , and Ishikawa , N. Development of New Gasoline Engine for ACCORD Plug-in Hybrid SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-1738 2013 10.4271/2013-01-1738
- Park J. , Jeong C. , Ma C. , Suh M. , Kim H. and Hwang S. Virtual Integrated Development Environment for the Components Design of Eco-friendly Vehicle EVS 26 Los Angeles, California 2012
- Ma C. , Kang J. , Choi W. , Song M. , Ji J. and Kim H. Comparative Study on Power Characteristics and Control Strategies for Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle IJAT 12 3 505 516 2012
- Miller , M. , Holmes , A. , Conlon , B. , and Savagian , P. The GM “Voltec” 4ET50 Multi-Mode Electric Transaxle SAE Int. J. Engines 4 1 1102 1114 2011 10.4271/2011-01-0887